View Single Post
Old 10th March 2009, 12:23   #1097  |  Link
meatwad

This is strange... I restored a Ghost image due to the machine id change. 1.0.12 is on the same partition it's always been on. I open DGAVCIndexNV and check my machine id. The machine id is fine. I then open CUVID server and staxrip (which opens DGAVCIndexNV to index a video). As soon as it begins I get the dreaded invalid license message (this time with 1.0.12) and sure enough I have new machine id.

Since no one else seems to be having an issue it must be something with my system. It's strange that it happened after I gave 1.0.13 a whirl.

Geezzzzz. It just came to me and I believe I I know what's causing it! This issue happens if you do a clean install and the OS doesn't assign "C" as the drive letter the OS resides on. It may be that my method of turning the drive letter to "C" is what's causing the issue. I don't believe it has anything to do with 1.0.13, but now I have to find another method to make the OS report "C" as the drive letter it resides on (the OS is actually on my "D" partition).

RAID 0 array 3 500GB WD drives as follows:

C:XP64
D:XP32
E:Whatever I feel like playing with.
Y:Editing/work partition
Z:Video Storage

I know Neuron2 will give me a new license if I ask, but this could happen again (if my assumption is correct). Anyway, I'll wait until he pops in to read this before I try anything else.