View Single Post
Old 21st November 2017, 12:06   #1316  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madipav View Post
After a convertion of a 3D movie to a 3D MKV SBS file, ...
If you have already a 3D SBS file, why would you need to use BD3D2MK3D to create another 3D SBS MKV file ? That doesn't make sense.

BD3D2MK3D can convert a 3D DB or a 3D MKV with AVC + MVC video streams to 3D SBS MKV. That means that the source material (BD or MKV) must contain the two video streams. The main video stream must be encoded in AVC (aka h264) and the second video stream must be encoded in MVC, exactly like in a 3D BD. You can create a 3D MKV from a 3D BD with MakeMKV. It extracts simply the two video streams (and of course one or more audio and/or subtitle streams) from the BD and includes them in a MKV container. No streams are re-encoded during that operation, and therefore the MKV contains exactly the same video streams than the original 3D BD. That MKV can be converted to SBS, T&B or Frame Sequential by BD3D2MK3D. But if the source MKV contains only a single video stream (encoded in AVC or any other codec), BD3D2MK3D can't convert it, because it is either a monoscopic video or it is a 3D movie that has already been converted to SBS, T&B or FS format, and of course you cannot convert it a second time. (You can however re-encode it if for example you want to reduce its file size or resize the image, but you can do that with any good MVC or HEVC encoder, and it's not the job of BD3D2MK3D.)

The BD3D2MK3D dialog posted above explains how you can convert the original BD3D to the AVC+MVC MKV with MakeMKV. If you do that correctly, the MKV will be accepted by BD3D2MK3D.

[EDIT] I have modified the dialog above to remove the warnings about the old versions of MakeMKV (because the old versions cannot be used any more and I assume that the Left/Right view bug has been fixed) and I have added a short explanation about the necessity to use an AVC+MVC MKV as input, and not a 3D SBS, T&B or FS MKV.

Last edited by r0lZ; 21st November 2017 at 12:36.