View Single Post
Old 16th November 2017, 01:59   #1301  |  Link
sheppaul

Quote:
to add the possibility to globally move all subtitles a bit more toward the spectator or behind the screen?
Yeah, there was already such a feature for normal 2d text subtitles. But, it did not work for subtitles having 3d depths. Now, it's possible.

Quote:
It would be indeed a nice addition to PotPlayer if he could support the 3D depth from external or muxed OFS files. At least, it will be possible to play SBS or T&B files with SRT subtitles and the (more or less) correct depth.
That's exactly what I thought. However, there is one more thing which should be implemented before telling him about the OFS implementation. Potplayer can convert and display normal text subtitles to 3d subtitles having fixed depth but adjustable on the fly.

It works well with 3d mvc media (blu-ray iso/folder, mkv having 3d mvc streams) but re-encoded 3d videos having half resolutions do not work with a default subtitle renderer (overlay type). It should be changed to image type (mixing subtitles to video streams). It is also supported in the player but it is very inconvenient as it requires manual switching and the quality of subtitle rendering is not very good if you have large screens. I think providing the same subtitle rendering with half 3d videos should be done in advance.

Potplayer's developer said it's very complicated and he'd not like messing up the existing codes as it is actually working pretty well. So I'm stuck with the precedent feature which I think is absolutely necessary. As for OFS files, is it possible to mux it in mkv container?

Last edited by sheppaul; 16th November 2017 at 05:44.