View Single Post
Old 15th December 2003, 02:49   #236  |  Link
joshbm

Thanks for the update david!

Bidule has become an asset in terms of 2.0 to 5.1 upmixing and a different assortment of audio effects and is a great tool! All that is needed to make Plogue near-perfect is an execution addition.

I think it would be a cool feature if file execution was added. For instance the dialogue in the Audio Recorder would have an added option that says:

Post-Execute: [ ] (Browse...)

This you can browse for a file or enter a command line string that it will execute (thinking in terms of .bat, .exe, .vbs, etc). That way after our 6 channel wavs were completed it could automatically either encode them directly to Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS (or handed off to any other program that we might need to process the material). It would even be cool to have:

Pre-Execute: [ ] (Browse...)

under Audio Player so that it could easily be done to prepare an audio stream before the actual Bidule operation starts (ie I like to change my file from 16-bit 44100 to a 32-bit float, 48000 before I put it in Bidule). After it was done executing the .bat file it would somehow set that 32-bit, 48000 file somehow as the input file.

Also maybe a switch like for command-line parameters could be read for instance in the “File...” under Audio Recorder, the filename chosen could also be used in the command line Post-Execute as “%bidule_file01%” (path and name of wav for Channel 1 out of 6, of course Create Files for Each New Record would have to be checked to use this) or “%bidule_file%” (path and name of wav for all 6 channels).

Just my thoughts...

PS- Thanks again for Bidule 0.6501.1 and the offline fix!

Kindest Regards,
- joshbm