View Single Post
Old 5th February 2021, 11:19   #61248  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I sincerely thank you for the replies, but I have tried that over and over again. Tried rebooting. Tried re-installing my video drivers. reinstalled every program in my video playing stack and reset all their settings. tried madvr stable (same as your link) and even the test build, freshly extracting the files each time in case I was making some kind of error. tried mpc-be and latest stable mpc-hc (used the installer you linked just to make sure), both crash when using madvr but not other renderers. Tried opening madHcCtrl after I cleanly install madvr (with settings reset) first to see if that helped as I saw that mentioned in the AVS thread. Tried checking my system for errors with SFC and DISM commands. Nothing has worked and I'm stumped!

I've used MadVR for years and years, never encountered this.

Only thing I can come up with is that it might have something to do with the Cumulative updates MS pushed on 2/3, guess i'll have to try reverting those next since nothing else is working, but I've never had an update rollup break something like this before.
I've had this issue once a long time ago when I used to host MADVR on my C windows drive, I think the registry entries got currupted somehow.

try throwing everything at it in one go.

remove MADVR
remove GFX your drivers
reboot
reinstall known working GFX driver
reinstall madvr in a new location on another hard drive, use default settings, dont change anything just to see if plays stable.