View Single Post
Old 28th October 2020, 03:43   #60458  |  Link
Asmodian

Getting custom resolutions to work is the best way to do it but custom resolutions can be a huge pain. CRU is the most effective tool I know of, if madVR's doesn't work (common), but it can cause problems if you get too adventurous so be careful. You won't cause permanent damage but an OS reinstall might be the easiest way out if you don't have another display.

Reclock is how to do this with madVR as far as I know. I prefer smooth motion myself so I haven't used Reclock for a long time, but that is using 120+ Hz screens where smooth motion is better than it is at 60 Hz. The higher the better for smooth motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX2 View Post
PS - I wish that drop could be taken from the display ahead frames. It never seems to though, it always just drops and is visible. If there was a way to force the dropped frame to come from the buffered frames, it wouldn't even be something we would all notice.
This drop is intentional to keep the audio and video synced. What happens is that the video and audio slowly drift out of sync until the video is an entire frame ahead or behind when madVR drops or repeats a frame to get back in sync. There is simply no way to improve this without losing AV sync (or messing with the audio instead, e.g. Reclock).

Or doing something crazy like smooth motion.

Last edited by Asmodian; 28th October 2020 at 03:55.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote