View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 15:03   #1153  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I agree, and I did the test.

I've just replaced all depth values in a short clip with constant values. The original BD has 32-planes, all of them being undefined (containing the value 0x80, meaning "not defined" for all frames of all 3D-Planes). I've replaced plane #0 with constant depth 1, plane #1 with depth 2, and so on up to depth 32. Then I've remuxed the BD with TsMuxeR and assigned planes #5 and #31 to the two subtitle streams. The final ISO can be read without problem with any software player, but that's not surprising, since they don't use the MVC stream. So, I burned the ISO, and my Samsung 3D BD player has played the movie in 3D without problem, and the two subtitle streams are at the right depth. :-)

So, it seems that it is at least possible to replace the existing depth values with other ones without problem. Adding new 3D-Planes to a remuxed MVC is another problem, and I can't and don't want to do that. Perhaps Videofan3D for FRIM? Or Roman if he decides to continue to develop TsMuxeR? Anyway, it's not something to integrate in BD3D2MK3D, that does just the opposite.

Awesome that you got it working! So how did you do it?? Was it enough to just replace the depth values?? Or was there any checksums etc. which you needed to modify as well??

So, we can definitely add depth to original mvc encoded files, if they have plain subtitles but the correct sei Header, that's something!
Regarding frim encodes: Is the SEI message always stored at the same Offset inside the mvc stream?? Perhaps we could just copy the Header and SEI info from another original mvc file and inject it into a frim-encoded mvc file??

Anyways, I understand that you don't want to look into that issue. Perhaps @videofan3D could take a look into it as we now know that modifying sei message values is definitely possible?? It should be possible to let FRIM insert them correctly as well (or Keep the original depth values intact)! This would be awesome, because it's really the last Thing we cannot do with free Tools regarding 3D Encoding or backups.

Thanks r0lZ for your tests!!