View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:15   #589  |  Link
tre31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark.Fusion View Post
Storage is still matters — shadow copies for example can eat space pretty fast if you will do massive writes. That requires separate storage for temporary data — it's not something that comes for free.

Memory also heavily matters in 32-bit apps, fft3dgpu for example eat allocation space in that way, so it's not possible to use it two times on HD content. If you add memory requirement for encoding and decoding, mvtools processing, etc — you will suffer from insufficient address space. (Sorry for my english)
Your english is fine, however I think you misunderstood what I meant, what I actually meant was - the size of the executable will increase, hence it will initially consume more memory as it has too be loaded into memory too be executed, as for the actual size of memory it consumes that won't really change as it is only executing either one or the other options (one being multi-instancing, the other being server based).

Anyway its up too neuron2, I was just offering an idea that encompases both, since both seem too be valid solutions too different problems.