View Single Post
Old 28th July 2015, 18:43   #462  |  Link
Polar

Thank you for your extensive reply. Then my options are limited. When reading this link however (http://www.projectorcentral.com/what...ready_mean.htm), it makes me wonder...

I quote :

"A frame sequential signal is a full resolution picture sent at 120 frames per second to the display. The frames alternate in sequence, so the display receives a left eye frame, then a right eye frame, then a left eye frame, and so on. This is simple because the projector itself does not need to do any decoding of the source; it just needs to be capable of accepting a 120Hz signal. Correspondingly, this format requires a lot of bandwidth, since it is essentially sending a full resolution signal at 60 frames per second for each eye."

"The currently available, inexpensive DLP "3D Ready" projectors are good for a lot of applications. For gaming, nothing beats the big-screen experience of 3D through a projector. ... But as far as home video is concerned, they have some serious limitations. They are incapable of displaying frame-packing and side-by-side, the two most popular and important 3D transmission formats for video. While most of these products are designed as data presentation projectors, people have been buying them in the hopes of using them for home theater anyway. Without support for the right formats, you will find yourself purchasing another 3D projector in the future once support for these formats is incorporated. As in all things, caveat emptor--let the buyer beware."

So the marked is now flooded with a hardware solution like this :

http://www.amazon.com/Huhushop-Conve.../dp/B00DOTNDEE

DLP 3D Converter 2x1 HDMI 1.4 For 120Hz 3D Ready DLP Projector

"Due to 3D ready DLP projector can only receive 120Hz frame sequential format video to achieve 3D effect, so 2D and 3D format (SBS-H/TAB/FP) video can't be view in 3D ready DLP projector at 3D mode. Thank goodness, this 3D ready DPL media processor will help you to make it. It is the first converter to support 120Hz 3D ready projector HD video."

"Support 1280*720/120Hz Frame sequential (FS) format output,Support 3D Side by side half (SBS-H) convert to FS format for 3D ready projector,Support 3D Top and bottom (TAB) convert to FS format for 3D ready projector,Support 3D Frame packing (FP) blue ray format convert to FS format for 3D projector,Support 2D convert to FS format for 3D Projector,Support 2D convert to SBS-H 3D format for 3D HDTV,Support 480p /576p/720p/1080p solution,Support 3D TV channel convert to 3DTV/3D projector"

In other words, it can be done. But it looks like my only option is to use the hardware methode. Kind of overkill for the occasional 3D movie that will be on menu.

I'm just wondering what technology, software or codecs have been used for this "online" conversion.

Thank you for your time and swift responses. It confirms that you and many others are real pros. If you ever should consider to get this FS Conversion up and running in BD2D2MKV3D, you know that I have the hardware to test it .