View Single Post
Old 10th October 2004, 06:16   #47  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

sure thing... i rarely do anything other than Tdeint(1,1) for top-first bobbing.

i'll only really tweak it when i get too much coming left over - i'll set Cthresh to 5 or 4 (default is 6), and/or MI to about 20 (default 32). this is only when i get combs left over, as it also risks getting shimmer on good frames.

[edit]

the last few anime encodes i did were disc 1 and 2 of Azumanga Daioh. i just left it bobbed and at 50fps, and let Xvid sort it out.

512x384, lanczos4resize, limited removedirt (just to stop removedirt from removing actual motion - i'll post the script in a jiffy.. it's probably sub-optimal, but doesn't hurt things) and encoded with CQ 3, and 4 b-frames instead of 2 (i figure 50fps has twice the redundancy, so i could get away with it). all other settings are at default.

episodes are coming out at around the 110MB mark (sans sound) which is quite acceptable to me.

[offtopic]
by the way, speaking of Azumanga Daioh, you should see the rating disc 1 gets... the stupid australian office of film and literature classification gave it an MA 15+ rating... disc 2 is a G. that puts a _very_ tame anime on the same rating as Kill Bill 2, which is utterly stupid. however, it costs Madman several thousand dollars to have these discs re-assessed.
[/offtopic]

Last edited by Mug Funky; 10th October 2004 at 06:23.
Mug Funky is offline   Reply With Quote