View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 15:30   #1378  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
Another question: I'm using your "Clone Subtitle Positions" tool a lot. It works terrificly.
However, in some cases, I would like the possibility to only take over the "horizontal" placement and be able to choose the vertical alignment myself. I do this by creating xml/png files, where I specify the wanted bottom offset myself.

If possible, would it be much trouble to adjust your tool, so that there is a choice to pick horizontal - (or vertical) offset only, or both, to clone/take over?
That's not a bad idea. And I have already wanted to do that sometimes, because otherwise the subtitles are not always correctly aligned in Y (for example when a single line uses a double-line subtitle from the guide to grab its position). But note that if you restrict the tool to work only for the X coordinates, the (rare) subtitles that are on the top of the screen in the guide will not be moved. That may and probably will be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
PS Your mentioned "problem of the multiple ODS bug" and fixtool, are these auto-checked and -executed in your latest BD3D2MK3D?
Yes, the standalone tool is exactly identical to the new subtitle tool integrated in BD3D2MK3D, and now, BD3D2MK3D is able to avoid the false positive of multiple ODS bug and to merge the real multiple ODS as single subtitles automatically during the creation of the project. Also, note that real multiple ODS are very rare (except in Japanimation).

Don't worry. You need to use the tool manually only if you convert yourself a problematic subtitle stream to XML/PNG.

Last edited by r0lZ; 17th January 2018 at 15:34.