View Single Post
Old 12th November 2017, 11:46   #1291  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
for a 3D movie, two subtitles must be displayed at the same time. And PotPlayer is unable to do that
my PotPlayer displays both 3D lines correctly for the ASS subtitles.

Quote:
the problem concerns therefore only the peoples who want to convert SRT files downloaded from the internet to 3D ASS.
This may be an off the subject note now, but, I use the SRT2ASS3D conversion for the SRTs OCRed by myself from the BD3D2MK3D project subtitles streams, not the internet.

And as far as the Font Face change is concerned I obviously have to add this information by hand and it is much easier to change the font face in a single subs line (SRT) rather than in 2 as in ASS subs and then do the conversion. However rarely I have done it. I did it when I wanted to get the same effect as in the orginal BD3D where for some subtitles the color change went along with a Font change.
However old and simple the SRT format is, it is the most widely used. Here it is a great format for achieving good quality text 3D ASS subtitles.
If I have time I may look in the code of SRTtoASS3D.tcl and modify it according to my needs.