View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 16:06   #1154  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I've just replaced the depth values, without touching anything else. I have no idea of what should be changed to add new 3D-Planes instead of simply overwriting existing planes, but I know that there must be one SEI message with the 3D-Planes per GOP (hence the different number of frames in many message). IMO, the difficulty is not the SEI message itself or its header (and the content of the 3D-Plane header within the SEI message is more or less known). It is certainly possible to build new messages from scratch, but IMO it is more difficult to know where they have to be inserted in the original MVC stream, and how the MVC stream must be modified if necessary. And that's beyond my knowledge.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to keep the original depth values intact, as you suggest, because the MVC stream is re-encoded by the Intel encoder, and it doesn't have an option to add or copy the 3D-Planes, If it's possible, FRIM will have to analyse the bitstream it receives from the Intel encoder, and add the messages when appropriate. Or just do a second pass to add them afterwards. I really don't know.

Anyway, I did that test just out of curiosity, and in the hope that someone else will be interested in developing something really usable, but as I wrote above, it's not useful for BD3D2MK3D, so that will not be me.

BTW, normally, Scenarist should be able to build a BD with the 3D-Planes. I don't know if it does it correctly, and you wrote that the OFS files saved by BD3D2MK3D are not taken into account, but Scenarist may perhaps be used to add the 3D-Planes to the MVC stream only, and tsMuxeR may still be used for the mux and to build the ISO. That should work. Anyway, currently, it's probably the only solution available to add the 3D-Planes to a re-encoded MVC.

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd January 2017 at 16:14.