View Single Post
Old 15th April 2015, 04:00   #342  |  Link
Thalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Please keep us informed, and if the problem occurs again, try to describe exactly what you did. Thanks in advance!

(Of course, if you use only FRIMSource now and DGMVCDecode is really the culprit, the problem will probably never occur any more, but who knows?)

I'm also interested in results of speed tests, although I don't think that FRIMSource can be really faster than DGMVCSource.
Decided to do a few test runs just to see what happens with BatB.

DGMVCSource using hardware still fails (goes and stays black). However, possibly because I've performed the updates to my available software and drivers, it's now wildly inconsistent as to when exactly it does it.

However, DGMVCSource forced to use software decoding worked perfectly. Due to the aforementioned issue I can't give a speed comparison directly, however it was roughly 85% of the speed of FRIMSource using hardware. Different systems and configurations will obviously be different (my x264 settings are somewhere between Slow and Slower, run by a 4.2GHz 4770K).

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a direct comparison of hardware speeds. I ran a shorter encode to get speeds for both but DGMVCSource failed almost at the start, significantly inflating its speed as black frames compress rather quickly. I'll have to go back to something I know DGMVCSource handles fine to do those tests more accurately.

NB This isn't a slight at DGMVCSource or Donald. I have a lot of respect for his work on that plugin.