View Single Post
Old 21st September 2009, 12:51   #12  |  Link
Get Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm View Post
Yes, and any decent authoring tool should be able to import it. SmallDVD remuxes the input with ffmpeg (or re-encodes if the input is not MPEG-2), so it should work in any case.
I have downloaded SmallDVD and it looks like it just may be the ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netmask View Post
The advantage of using the demux mode in ProjectX is it cleans up many transmission errors - if you can then mux the 2 streams back into a mpeg2 file using a suitable MAC program that file will be ready for most authoring programs
Yeah, from the research I have done, there seemed to be the need for a 2 part process regarding the demuxing/muxing. 1st demux by projectX cleaned up any transmission errors in the .ts file and then there was the 2nd re-mux. That's why I asked for a Mac version or similar of Imago-MPEG to try to re-mux the error free output from ProjectX

But as I learned ProjectX outputs to .mpg in one step, I am wondering is the de-mux/re-mux process necessary at all. In other words does ProjectX clean up the .ts file transmission errors when outputting to M2P (.mpg) and thereby eliminate the need for the de-mux/re-mux step?

Re: iDVD error from my previous post: as a Mac newbie I think iDVD only imports Quicktime .mov files.
Get Go is offline   Reply With Quote