View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2012, 02:28   #20114  |  Link
Mikey2

Can anyone please help with this problem I Have been having for a long time?

Basically, my "mpc-hc.ini" file very often gets corrupt. Whenever I save anything from the "options" menu, MPC freezes for 10-30 seconds. It took me a while to see that in Windows explorer it is rebuilding "mpc-hc.ini". (I can see the file-size go up from 0 to the current size of 254 KB.) If I do anything, stop anything, open another instance of MPC, etc while it is re-building this file, it stops right there, leaving me with an uncomplete ini file.

I'm a software engineer, so I can get pretty technical, but it seems to me that in order to fix other possible defects that MPC is rebuilding the entire ini file needlessly (often nothing changes at all...You can reproduce the problem by selecting "Options" then simply pushing "OK.")

Thanks in advance for any help. (And let me know if I can do anything to help!) This initially was just an annoyance, but it is getting real bad now...

Oh currently I"m on version 1.6.4.5881 (2196459) - however, as I mentioned, I have had this issue for as far as I can remember. (Although I think it is getting worse as new options are added in subsequent versions.) I'm also on Windows 7 x64, but I also noticed this on my 32-bit Windows 8 laptop.

thanks again,
MikeY