View Single Post
Old 7th March 2006, 20:24   #23  |  Link
jmac698

rgb, restriction to live source

Thank you Most people think it's a waste of time, but I think it's neat, and I'm doing it for fun.
Actually, I can record RGB, in fact even VGA output at the proper refresh rate could be capped. Also old systems like Amiga 2000 could be capped.
With TVTool, most Nvidia cards can output component or RGB data, with a special cable, also the Hollywood Plus can output component or RGB (I have the cable and have tested this). So I can test this next.
You can get even higher rez by capping with PAL-M, in black and white it's like NTSC but with 768 pixels by default.
As for live sources - yes that is a problem, but something good could be done with 2 or 3 capscards at the same time. A single PVR350 has dualtuner, this could be used. I would cap the Svideo and P+Pr signal, as your eye is more sensitive to color rez here. They could be merged in higher quality.
Potentially you could write a program to switch video inputs every field, because of 3:2 pulldown you could completely cap live, because the fields repeat and you would switch inputs.
Almost anything is possible Wow, you just gave me a bunch of ideas, thanks

Last edited by jmac698; 7th March 2006 at 20:28.
jmac698 is offline   Reply With Quote