View Single Post
Old 27th March 2011, 10:47   #12  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
I updated the code a bit, mostly nesting functions, do you think this is better for RAM optimization?
It can be in some cases. Nested function calls do not save anything per se, but if you have filters that are only used on a conditional branch, it can help to avoid calling them unnecessarily outside the condition. (But filters like Trim use very little memory anyway.)
Quote:
Also I want to automatically detect alpha so I can remove the alpha parameter.
As theres are no clip properties associated to alpha evaluation, I try to compare the result from the average of ShowAlpha to White, if false then it has alpha.
Problem here is Im getting errors ("Invalid arguments")when I try AverageLuma, I think because some the ISSE requeriments:
AverageLuma(ShowAlpha(logo0a,"YV12")) == float(HexValue("FFFFFF"))
The immediate problem here is that AverageLuma is not a clip property, but a frame property, so you can only use it inside a run-time filter such as ScriptClip.
However, you can't reliably detect the presence of alpha by looking at single frames - you would need to check the whole clip for the existence of some frames with AverageLuma not equal to zero or 255 ($ff, not $ffffff). Too complicated to be worth doing, I think.