Old 14th January 2022, 18:25   #1771  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
Nope.
Same error as before.
Please note that this happens only with XDCAM files muxed in .mxf
I can share a sample if you want, 'cause I've just tried with a ProRes file muxed in .mov and it works just fine.
Same goes for an H.264 file in .mp4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gispos View Post
As soon as FranceBB has it in his hands, he breaks it.
eheheheh nah, it's more like: "literally no one except FranceBB uses weird FULL HD yv16 50 Mbit/s 25i TFF MPEG-2 files muxed in mxf anymore, so no one ever checked" xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Can you put a ConvertToRGB32() at end of the script?

Interesting error, it fails with this:

however this is a bit weird given that it's a simple yv16 with the standard MPEG-2 chroma placement (after all it IS an MPEG-2 eheheheh).

Adding propclearall() fixes it and allows me to use ConverttoRGB32():

Code:
video=LWLibavVideoSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf")
ch1=LWLibavAudioSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf", stream_index=1)
ch2=LWLibavAudioSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf", stream_index=2)
audio=MergeChannels(ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2)
AudioDub(video, audio)

propClearAll()

ConverttoRGB32()
speaking of which, let me see if I can just get rid of the chroma location property and try with this:

Code:
video=LWLibavVideoSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf")
ch1=LWLibavAudioSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf", stream_index=1)
ch2=LWLibavAudioSource("\\mibctvan000.avid.mi.bc.sky.it\Ingest\MEDIA\temp\UCN12982_GHOST_FRAME.mxf", stream_index=2)
audio=MergeChannels(ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2, ch1, ch2)
AudioDub(video, audio)

propDelete("_ChromaLocation")

Success!
Getting rid of the Chroma Location property makes it work!

So now we know what happened!
Basically ConverttoRGB32() fails due to the Chroma Location frame property, therefore when I try to use AVSPmod, it tries to convert to RGB32 invoking such a function, but since such a function fails, it won't display anything and fail instead!!
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote