View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2014, 06:00   #13  |  Link
osgZach

Hmm my first round of tests produced seemingly similar results. At least I think within natural margins of difference. 0.020FPS difference on output AVIs. There are some Film/Video % differences (0.xx%) and there are some timecode differences but not many. The instance where a ship moving across the screen was jerky is now smooth even under the new version encode..

I will have to test with more filter options enabled I think, and see if that changes anything. If there was an error perhaps it was fixed in the newer most recent version of your script. I may have to go back and test the older version I initially used. Will continue to report back my findings.

edit: It's definitely filters causing some kind of change. The timecodes output for the clip just changed to 100% Video, and all I did was add back the filters I was using

Code:
AnimeIVTC(mode=4, pass=2, omode=2, nvfr=true, chrfix=true, tcfv1=true, killcomb=3, degrain=3, aa=0, rendering=false)
The culprit appears to be chrfix=true
Once I took it out, I got a much more proper timecodes file, in line with my earlier non-filtered tests. I don't recall reading anything about chrfix messing up VFR modes, am I mistaken?

Last edited by osgZach; 23rd March 2014 at 06:24. Reason: additional info
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote