View Single Post
Old 10th February 2023, 12:32   #189  |  Link
DTL

It is also interesting when finally Intel integrated MPEG encoder (or may be separate video boards or internal accelerators) will expose DX12-ME interface. Also at some theoretical point one can collect 3 different manufacturers of hardware MPEG encoders (NVIDIA, AMD and Intel) exposing DX12-ME interface and check its quality relative using single noised footage.

Different ME engines may have different search range and most interesting is quality of MVs at significantly noised source. For example how many definitely false non-zero MVs do ME engine produce at flat static noised only areas. For visual comparison of quality output MVs may be displayed with MShow() filter. If MShow() crashes - it is required to greatly increasing padding in MSuper() because some hardware MEs produces large out of frame MVs and current MShow() do not have protection from running out of buffer at attempt to draw such long invalid MV. onCPU 'standard' MAnalyse do not seach MVs outside given padded buffer or clips MVs to given padded buffer so no additional out of buffer checks in other mvtools filters (except MDegrainN it last builds. So even MCompensate with DX12-ME search in MAnalyse may also crash now. Sorry - it was only tested with MAnalyse+MDegrainN for degrain).

Double check and clipping of MVs in both MAnalyse (received from DX12-ME) and in MDegrainN will slightly degrade performance. So may be additional checking/clipping need to be added to all other consumer filters (or finally move from MDegrainN to MAnalsye if it not cause additional issues).

Last edited by DTL; 10th February 2023 at 12:41.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote