View Single Post
Old 5th February 2023, 23:32   #179  |  Link
DTL

MCompensate is a client function for MAnalyse MVs server, same as MDegrain and all other from mvtools. MAnalyse can offload MVs search to DX12-ME hardware accelerator.
The MRecalculate is some intermediate - it receives MVs from MAnalyse and make some refinement search (and it can not be offloaded to DX12-ME accelerator because it make only single search from beginning).

In theory with the progress of MDegrainN it also may make some refinement search in multi-pass processing - with CPU only.

MAnalyse with DX12-ME mode should be able to make both single pair of frames search and 'multi' for MDegrainN search (using storage of current frame in accelerator and not upload it for each pair of search in 'multi' mode for better performance). So it should be compatible with all other MVs clients of mvtools.

The hardware ME from MPEG encoder looks not designed for best quality - the software may be better (and with iterative multi pass - more better). So for highest quality work the usage of hardware ME may be only for initial search or may be prefiltering.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote