View Single Post
Old 5th February 2023, 22:16   #177  |  Link
DTL

"does it mean your version does not even support the mcompensate at all?"

MCompensate should be the same as in 2.7.45 version from pinterf. But blocksize 16x16 may be broken (or bitdepth >8). Also blocksize of 16x16 do not run well at my GTX1060 with hardware search (in MAnalyse) and cause some crash that remote debugger can not break in. So I use only block size of 8x8. It is possible with scripting to feed half frame sized to MAnalyse with blocksize 8x8 and use MScaleVect to map output MVs it to full frame size with blocks of 16x16 if you want to try. It may be also faster for large frame sizes.

"thSCD but if I do not use scenechange detection at all I put it to zero?"

Disabled thSCD is about maxSAD (and it may be internallly silently clipped to maxSAD). So to disable scenechange detection you need to set thSCD to some verybig value (may be >1000 or >10000).

"could you just use two MSuper? Does MAnalyse really degrade quality too much if 8-bit yv12?"

Yes - you can use 8bit source for MAnalyse and use output MVs clip to any bitdepth MDegrain processing. If source is enough noised it is also enough self-dithered so may be no significant degradation of motion search quality. It is also may be tested with software 16bit MAnalyse.

"Any hope for this getting Vapoursynth support?"

It is a question to developers of Vapoursynth if they can take sources and redesign to Vapoursynth. I do not know how to make it.
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote