View Single Post
Old 6th September 2022, 18:48   #74  |  Link
Moonbase

In VirtualBox (Version 6.1.38 r153438 (Qt5.15.3)) on Linux Mint 21, I used to have good success in converting 3D BluRays using BD3D2MK3D v1.23 on Windows 7 in the past.

I’m currently trying to streamline my collection into 3D.mvc.mkv and 3D.htab.mkv (MVC for a Vero 4k+ box, and half top-and-bottom for my KODI on a Samsung TV).

So I tried to convert my old Gravity 3D ISO using BD3D2MK3D 1.23 on Win7 and failed at the planes/subtitle extration. I then tried 1.25, also on Win7, and didn’t succeed "backporting" the toolset to be compatible with Win7.

So I remembered you saying "I won’t support people using old OSes", and did a fresh Win11 Pro install (also on Linux Mint 21, VirtualBox as above), installed AviSynth+ 64-bit (aviSynthPlus_3.7.2_20220317_vcredist), 7-Zip, MKVtoolnix, Oracle Java 8 update 341, and BD3D2MK3D 1.25 in "C:\BD3D2MK3D", as recommended. (No .NET Framework installed, since Windows 11 already comes with .NET 4.8.) In VirtualBox, I gave the machine 150 GB disk, 8 GB RAM, 4 CPUs, 3D acceleration and 256 MB graphics memory. The hardware CPU is an Intel i7.

BD3D2MK3D seems to demux the tracks ok, but when starting to check 3D planes in the MVC it gives this error:

Code:
child killed: illegal instruction
child killed: illegal instruction
    while executing
"exec -- [GetAppPath OFSExtractor32.exe false]"
    (procedure "Extract3DPlanesMain" line 13)
    invoked from within
"Extract3DPlanesMain "[file rootname $mpls].track_4114.mvc" . true"
    (procedure "GenerateAvs" line 1598)
    invoked from within
"GenerateAvs"
    invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen invoke "
    invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen instate !disabled { .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } "
    invoked from within
".nbf5.gf.gen instate pressed { .nbf5.gf.gen state !pressed; .nbf5.gf.gen instate !disabled { .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } } "
    (command bound to event)
I mounted the ISO using Windows’ tool (Right-click and "Bereitstellen" on a German Windows) and selected that drive ("F:") as source. Other settings I left at their default settings, except:
  • Tab 2: Selected all streams and marked the last 4 subtitle streams as "forced"
  • Deselected the "[ ] Use 5.1 core of DTS-HD, …"
  • Selected subtitle types "3D only" and stream format "BluRay SUP"
  • Tab 5: Stereoskopy [x] Half Top & Bottom
  • x264 encoder options [x] BD compatible

Since I don’t have the original BluRay anymore, I unfortunately can’t re-rip. A 3D.mvc.mkv made from the ISO using MakeMKV plays ok on several players, but of course shows only the left-eye (2D) view on my KODI and Samsung TV (MVC tracks contained in MKV, as well as all mentioned subtitle tracks).

Trying to use this 3D.mvc.mkv as an input for BD3D2MK3D also fails.

Help much appreciated! Is it possible that "OFSExtractor32.exe" from the toolset doesn’t work on a 64-bit Win11? Or still has a bug?

The log is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BD3D2MK3D.log.txt (4.4 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Moonbase; 6th September 2022 at 19:21. Reason: More info about configuration & further tries.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote