View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 17:26   #7  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

@Mini-Me

Is this the same as (or similar to) the code that you are currently having memory problems with (reported here)?

In post #3 above, I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
What you are doing is slightly different, in that you are calling (G)ScriptClip itself recursively. I think this should work, but perhaps it's inefficient and unnecessary. Because of the ability to call runtime functions (eg AverageLuma) directly from a user function, you don't need to wrap the inner call inside ScriptClip or ConditionalFilter, as long as the function itself is called inside ScriptClip. But that would involve a redesign of your outer level function so that ScriptClip is called only once and all the recursion takes place inside it.
The relevance of this is that, because ScriptClip compiles the run-time script on every frame, it uses up space in Avisynth's string table (for variable names, etc). Most of the time, this is not significant, but if ScriptClip is called with a very long run-time script or called recursively to a great depth, coupled with lots of source frames, it could eventually eat up a lot of memory.