View Single Post
Old 27th May 2011, 17:07   #175  |  Link
Mini-Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
@Mini-Me,

Could you simplify your script as much as possible (retaining the crash) and post it?
I can post it, but simplifying it while retaining the crashes would probably be quite difficult. It calls a function that uses [G]ScriptClip recursion, and along with all of its helper functions, it's over 350 lines long. (A lot of the lines are comments, but taking those out before posting would probably be unwise.) The crashes seem to have a direct relationship with the complexity and amount of work done. I could strip out some features (effectiveness ) and robustness and bring it down to the core algorithm, and it might still crash, but it would probably take a lot longer and require a clip the length of The Ten Commandments movie (and it already takes hours of peaceful and effective operation before it suddenly fails). Would you still be interested in seeing it as-is?

I have another script that crashes in the same way, but it's just as long and probably more complex. Some months ago, I was getting crashes with simpler and non-recursive (but more numerous) [local] [G]ScriptClip functions, but the total combined length of the functions was similar.

Last edited by Mini-Me; 27th May 2011 at 17:13.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote