View Single Post
Old 31st October 2005, 06:47   #75  |  Link
Liisachan
李姗倩 Lǐ Shān Qiàn

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.F.
And about that "subtitle is out-of-synch" problem.
If it nothing Gabest can do about DirectShow time accuracy, than how about a subtitle time correction hack?
First, Gabest fixed it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabest

Check the new release, the problem was fixed, by a nasty
but elegant hack :P
nasty but elegant! huhu, I'd say ASS is always messy and splendid...

Secondly, like I said, you could reduce the probability of occurrence of out-of-synch subs by not using the "max possible time stamps" without making any bad side effects. But hey, anyway its fixed fixed fixed Hooray
Quote:
I don't know about bugs but I had some questions.
1) Why internal subtitle render work so slow?
Vsfilter work many times faster than internal render and had almost the same results.
one thing I can say for sure is: Let's say your video is 640x480. If you use VSFilter, the resolution of your subs is 640x480 even in the full screen mode. If you use MPC and set the max. texture=desktop, then the resolution of your subs is equal to the desktop resolution. In this case, you are comparing a 640x480 clip to a 1280x1024 (or anything: your desktop size) clip, subtitle-wise. Naturally the second one is much higher-quality AND much more cpu-intensive.

Another thing is, softsubs from VS are always relative-to-video-frame, whereas softsubs in MPC can be both relative-to-video-frame & relative-to-physical-device. VSFilter cannot "touch" a point out of the video frame, since it is in the upstream and it doesn't know what's going on in the downstream. MPC's renderer, on the other hand, can draw things everywhere on your screen. It's co-operating with video renderer. (This can be its weak point too, as we saw in that problem) And practically, this is confusing for absolute positioning, because {\pos(0,0)} is not unique for MPC, which is a major problem indeed, but anyway purely technically, it is clear that MPC's sub renderer is (at least potentially) more powerful and more flexible. And powerful/advanced framework is usually more cpu-eating.

Quote:
2) How about ass animation support like textsub? Opinional of course.
Yeah.... Well, you'll have to disable subpic-buffering in MPC's settings anyway, which makes MPC's subs even more cpu-intensive. Actually much more.
Liisachan is offline   Reply With Quote