View Single Post
Old 7th September 2019, 19:35   #27  |  Link
manolito

I spent the better part of the afternoon testing InpaintDelogo, and in short the result is that I will abandon LogoAway and use InpaintDelogo instead...

As my source I used the same "Source.mkv" clip I uploaded (because it is very typical for my use cases). I used the Inpaint mode (part of the logo is semi-transparent, the other part is opaque), and I tried it without Turbo, Turbo=1 and Turbo=3. I also tested adding the "KillShape=1" parameter.

First of all I must say that the Automask feature works well. Just some small white spots which did not affect the results at all (I compared it to the results after manually cleaning up the mask).

For the different Turbo modes I could not point my fingers on any significant difference in visual quality. Even the result with Turbo OFF did not look noticeably better than Turbo Mode1. Of course this could be because my source was SD (or because my vision is degrading too much - getting old...).

These are the speeds I got:

Quote:
LogoAway: 76.5 fps
Inpaint Turbo Off: 64.5 fps
Turbo=3: 88 fps
Turbo=1: 93 fps
Using "KillShape=1" with the Turbo modes slowed it down just a tiny bit, but the results did not look any better to me.

And all InpaintDelogo methods I tested looked way better than LogoAway, no doubt about it. So a big Thank You for your efforts...

Some questions:
What about interlaced sources? Will they work out of the box? Or should I make the logo coefficients MOD4 instead of MOD2? And if GrainFactory functions are added, the GrainFactory doc says that it only supports progressive input.

I also tested a source where the logo is partly over the top letterbox. You said:
Quote:
Just don't select that border with Loc (I didn't tested such case).
but this does not work. If I omit the top border value then the script will assume 0 as the value. Creating the AutoMask will fail with a "Mask Full" error message. The same thing happens when I set the top border value to the real top position of the logo.

The only way to get it working was to set the top value for the logo to the top of the movie area. This results in a clip where the logo part which lies over the top letterbox area will not be removed, this part needs to be cropped off after the logo removal. Pretty much the same procedure I have to use with LogoAway.

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 7th September 2019 at 19:38.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote