View Single Post
Old 18th February 2008, 19:59   #1099  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
@Madshi
Are you sure biXPelsPerMeter should be used for A/R, that seems weird?
I'm not really sure. Right now I'm thouroughly confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir666 View Post
I have generated an mkv using mkvmerge, with vc1 inside
How did you do that? mkvmerge cannot mux raw VC-1 streams! Did you use a WMV or AVI source? Please try this one:

http://madshi.net/strange.evo (1280x1080)

When muxing this with gdsmux, the Haali Media Splitter outputs only FORMAT_VideoInfo and not FORMAT_VideoInfo2. And biXPelsPerMeter is set to 1 and biYPelsPerMeter is set to 2, which doesn't make any sense to me. The MPC property window shows it as "32:9". So obviously MPC does use biXPelsPerMeter to figure out the aspect ratio for its property window somehow.

Now it gets funny: If I drop this MKV into mkvmerge, it reports display dimensions of 3840x1080. Does that make any sense to you? Strange enough MPC HC does show the video in the correct aspect ratio in this situation...

If I mux this to MKV by using my eac3to tool (eac3to does muxing by feeding the "Haali Matroska Muxer" DirectShow filter from my own splitter) I'm setting the display dimensions to 1920x1080. Dropping this MKV into mkvmerge shows the correct display dimensions. And the MPC property window correctly shows the aspect ratio of "16:9". But MPC doesn't show video in the correct aspect ratio. I have to manually switch to 16:9.

This is all extremely confusing to me. Maybe you can have a look at this? That would be great! If possible please check out the sample EVO. Please mux it by using gdsmux and also by using eac3to. And then please compare the aspect ratio stuff with both muxes. I don't understand how MPC behaves.

Thanks very much...