View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 16:34   #11  |  Link
ERQ

I recently ripped Serenity (R2 PAL) DVD using Megui. The main movie was fine, perfectly audio video synced. But when I was ripping the deleted scenes, I again encountered with A/V sync problem and again not constant audio out of sync but out of sync after couple of minutes. When I checked the main movie and deleted scenes IFOs(using IFOedit) I found that main movie IFO uses 2 VOB IDs and the 2nd VOB ID is just 1 sec or 25 frames long(with layer break attribute) and no audio. The Deleted scenes IFO uses 19 Vob IDs and VOB ID no. 19 is just 1 sec or 25 frames long(with layer break attribute) and no audio. Also when I tried to create d2v for only VOB ID 19, I got only 1 frame reported by avisynth instead of 25, although it doesn't matter because VOB ID 19 has no audio just like VOB ID 2 incase of main movie.

My question is what is the relation of audio sync issue and lots of VOB IDs in a single PGC?

By the way when I used Handbrake to rip the deleted scenes, surprisingly it produced a perfectly a/v synced output. AFAIK handbrake doesn't use DGindex.