View Single Post
Old 10th June 2015, 11:26   #380  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal View Post
I must have done something terribly wrong, cause now everything seems to work fine. I have tried it a couple of times now with different movies, but the error doesn't appear anymore. I am sorry for wasting your time on this matter.
Thanks for the confirmation. If you find a way to reproduce the problem, please let me know. Even if you did "something terribly wrong", the program should react correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambal View Post
However, there is an other issue I would like to report.
If I choose from a subtitle both its normal and 'forced captions only' versions, I get afterward a message if the 'forced captions only' doesn't exist.
But if I choose the 'forced captions only' without the normal version, I get a message immediately, and the program stops.
Hum, again I can't reproduce the problem. I just did a small test with a short clip. I have selected the French "forced only" subtitles only, and the program has demuxed the streams, extracted the 3D-Planes from the MVC stream and finally found that there is no forced captions in the French subtit;le stream. At the end of the process, it has displayed this dialog, perfectly normal:
Code:
---------------------------
BD3D2MK3D
Done with warnings!

* No forced captions in "00160.track_4609.Fra_forced.3D.sup"!  Stream skipped.

Launch "_ENCODE.cmd" to encode the video (and optionally mux to MKV).

Use a delay of 5005 ms if you mux the files yourself.

Be sure to verify that there is enough disc space!
OK   
I launched the encode, and finally got the MKV, of course without the forced French subtitles.

I have not tried yet to hardcode the forced subtitles (without selection other subtitles in tab 2), but I guess that the result will be identical.

So, I can't find any problem with the handling of the subtitles. Are you sure you use the latest version (v0.66) ? (I have recently modified many things in the code related to the subtitle streams, and older versions can perhaps have some bugs that are fixed in v0.66.)

Also, what do you mean exactly with "I get a message immediately" ? What is the content of that message ? When does it show up ? Is it at the end of the process, like the "no forced captions" warning, or immediately when you click the Do it! button ?

Note that I have already seen some BD discs with "bad" subtitle streams. Some short clips have subtitle streams totally empty (without forced or standard subtitles at all). In that case, BDSup2Sub errors out with a cryptic error message like "index 0 out of bounds" (or something similar). I have tried to intercept that message, and if it appears, BD3D2MK3D should display an error message similar to the "no forced captions" warning, but since that case is not frequent, I can't be sure that it is correctly handled. Anyway, in that case, the "index 0" message should appear in red in the console, and be in the BD3D2MK3D.log file.

Anyway, again, if you can reproduce the problem, please let me know. And keep the log file. I may need it to understand what's happening.

[EDIT] I did a test with the same short clip, but this time, I have selected no subtitle streams at all in tab 2, and selected the French forced only stream in the "hardcode subtitle on video" option in the last tab. Again, there is a (slightly different) warning at the end of the process, but everything went file, and I have encoded the clip without problem (and of course without hardcoded subtitles). Therefore, I can't find any bug in the handling of the forced subtitles.

Last edited by r0lZ; 10th June 2015 at 13:59.