Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 28th June 2017, 19:19   #3494  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by postscripter View Post
Well.. yeah. By the way. About current versions. Which one is the latest? Which is the latest for those, who need MT? What happened with the original AviSynth repo, which is referred by in Wiki and on avs-plus.net? I can see the same contributors there and last activity in 2014'th... Did they lost the password?
The MT branch is the most up-to-date on the upstream repo:
https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/commits/MT

The stuff pinterf is working on is currently being treated as an ad hoc development HEAD, there's an open pull request for it.

The reason MT hasn't been merged into the master branch has less to do with stability (to wit, you have to use builds from the MT branch if you want to use AviSynth+ with FFmpeg, since only the MT branch is synced up with AviSynth 2.6.0/2.6.1), and more to do with ultim going on hiatus every so often and wanting bugs that had existed in the MT branch to be resolved first. They mostly have*, but like I previously mentioned, hiatus. The same largely applies to pinterf's pull request, although the recent Unicode fixes broke GCC again.

*save for the problems inherent to synchronous access, as discussed at length over the last few pages of this thread.

Supported compilers are Visual Studio 2015 and higher, and GCC (experimental). I was in the middle of testing weird function decoration stuff with GCC and the C plugin back in April, but since I can only use 64-bit Wine or take a huge performance hit and run 64-bit Windows in a VM, that stalled out somewhat.

Last edited by qyot27; 29th June 2017 at 22:59. Reason: decoration