View Single Post
Old 31st August 2003, 19:56   #20  |  Link
SallyDog

Re: Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by daphy
Hi folks,

found a bug in this routine, donīt know exactly what program produces it:

after the besweet part you have single 6 wavs (I use the DTS transcoding into 44.1 khz). And sometimes, I donīt now why I got a clipping noise in each channel. First time I explored this problem to late while sitting in my favorit chair in front of my stereo - whooom

This noise only takes 1~2 seconds and then the normal sound starts - but it could be enough for your speakers - mine survived this attack (gladly)

Error.gif

Bug search:

I tried the new Besweet 1.5 B20 and the old 1.4 -> Iīm shure this canīt be the reason , also Surcode isnīt guilty because the 6 mono files already have this damage

last but not least it must be Bidule itself! Iīve got this error two times EOH shurely not, so maybe it depends on the lfe transcoding

Iīll do some more testing for finding the bug!

One thing I noticed last time I got this error the transcoding with Bidule hang at the beginning -> about one second after this it works normal...

As advise:

check at least one of the mono files with a WAV-editor like cool edit. If there is an error in this file at the beginning transcode it again.

CYA Daphy

I had the same problem, was driving me nuts. Then I realized that Bidule was not maintaining the "stereo2surround" default setting. I solved the problem by making sure to load the "S2S" setting at the beginning of each session. Only takes an extra 2 seconds. Maybe this is causing your problem too.

SallyDog