View Single Post
Old 17th April 2020, 00:32   #665  |  Link
lazostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I am not sure what you mean by 'conflict'. I turn off all image enhancements on my TV (sharpening, denoising, frame interpolation, etc.), but I would without madVR as well.

Most of madVR's improvement is simply due to doing the required math with as high quality as possible, e.g. scaling, color space conversions, dithering, etc.

The only true conflict I can think of is smooth motion, which will interact badly with frame interpolation. You really do not want to use the TV's frame interpolation or those modes that try to pull 24 fps from the 60 Hz signal with smooth motion, it breaks those algorithms. Things like sharpening twice also looks bad but that is more due to over-sharpening. I am still not sure I would call that conflicting with each other but they can interact badly. I consider madVR's filters like sharpening, denoising, artifact removal, etc. as only useful for specific sources, not something to run all time.
So what are the best options to use on Madvr if i see movies on my tv? The same settings will apply if i see movies on pc monitor?

Also what about rgb? I have an option on my samsung TV called HDMI black and two options, low and normal. I read that low is full RGB and i see better black levels.

Also, do i have to change some settings on nvidia control panel?

Also, my pc monitor has only 60Hz mode. So i have to enable smooth motion option on Madvr? And how can i understand if all working without problem? What is the ideal sec/min to have dropped/repeated frame? And what about rendering time and glitches?
Attached Images

Last edited by lazostat; 17th April 2020 at 01:16.
lazostat is offline   Reply With Quote