View Single Post
Old 8th February 2018, 20:15   #477  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx2000xx View Post
I take it you use adaptive vsync as Madshi recommended a while back?
No, I use a simple fixed refresh rate and application controlled v-sync.

Quote:
Do you use the edge enhancement/noise reduction in Nvidia's image setting on the bottom on the control panel?
Absolutely not!

Quote:
In the manage 3D settings I'm not sure what MadVR disregards, which I would suspect most if not all, but besides changing it to optimal power do you change anything else?
Optimal power is a bad option, use adaptive or prefer maximum performance.

Quote:
The two I'm curious about, because you actually turned down the default CPU settings a few notches which I found odd is the: maximum rendering frames and the brand new option a few patches ago that both limit the number of per-rendered CPU frames ranging from 1-4 before the GPU kicks in. Because your amazing GPU are you putting that low to give all the attention to the Vid Card? I was under the assumption that they both work totally independent.
I think you are confused as to what those options mean. madVR's CPU buffers are simply buffers in system memory for decoded video frames, not pre-rendered frames. I only turn them down a bit because I use a 32-bit video player and don't need more CPU buffers, memory use can go quite high with 4K video and complex subtitles. Leave the Nvidia options on application controlled, you don't want the drivers limiting what madVR wants to do.

Quote:
Last when you calibrated the LG did you find any features besides using true motion which I assume you use useful? I take it their sharpness and other features would totally conflict with MadVR's settings.
I do not use true motion, I don't like any of the motion interpolation methods. They also increase the input lag, a large negative because I also use my TV for games and desktop use.

Quote:
Speaking of which, what's up with PC mode when it comes to putting the PC label on it, which I thought was just fine per rtings, but if you change the icon to PC also then it gets all out wack. For example 90% of techicolor's settings are grey so I suspect there's something more to it because I don't remember that on a prior firmware.
I definitely use PC mode, it turns off (almost) all the processing, lowers input lag, and maintains 4:4:4 sampling. Ideal for madVR as well as games/desktop. I can still fix the white point, which is the only processing I want.