View Single Post
Old 28th January 2021, 05:47   #69  |  Link
daviduu

Thought I should quickly write about my experience using these instructions for VLC. I had a few snags here and there but things seem to be working fairly well for the most part.

The first hiccup (which was due to my own confusion with the instructions) occurred because, while I put the aacs and libbdplus DLLs in the corresponding %programdata% folders, I hadn't copied them into the VLC folder in my C: drive. After putting copies of the DLLs inside that folder, I was able to play Blu-rays pretty smoothly.

Menus weren't working at first, but downloading Java fixed that.

I was occasionally getting some fragmenting with certain discs in certain chapters, but disabling hardware-accelerated decoding seems to have fixed that issue.

I've been using VLC to watch my Twin Peaks Blu-rays, and the program seems to crash reliably in the same spot right before getting to the main menu (after selecting the language and right after the DTS logo). I've been able to circumvent this by changing the starting position to title 3 when opening the discs. Doing this opens the disc into one of the episodes, allowing me to hit shit+m to reach the main menu.

I've occasionally had issues where playback won't continue when a new chapter is reached, and I haven't found a great fix for this other than manually clicking the progress bar forward. This has only happened on two episodes so far. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'll admit I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff and have essentially cobbled enough knowledge together to barely scrape by.
daviduu is offline   Reply With Quote