View Single Post
Old 27th July 2015, 11:18   #458  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The frame rate cannot be changed. "NTSC film" at 23.976 fps is the frame rate of ALL BD 3Ds. Since there is twice the number of frames in Frame Sequential mode, BD3D2MK3D sets it to 47.952 (or more precisely 48/1.001 fps). It's not at all 24p. I may have used a wrong fps value when I have encoded the test file manually, but I don't think so. Anyway, the new beta of BD3D2MK3D uses 48/1.001 and that's correct. If your hardware cannot play that frame rate, then say goodbye to the 3D, as it will be extremely difficult to change the frame rate to 60p. Furthermore, 60p is not an usual frame rate. 29.97 is the frame rate of NTSC interlaced video, and that value times two gives 59.94. That's not 60, and I wonder how it is possible to obtain that value, and why he has used it.

The other parameters can easily be modified in the BD3D2MK3D GUI. You can force level 4.0 in tab 5. I don't remember exactly, but I think that's also sufficient to obtain the 4 ref frames. If it's not the case, you can add specific arguments in the "additional options" field in tab 5.

Anyway, tal.aloni has explained how to make 3D movies for the PlayStation 3 and Sony Bravia W8, obviously extremely limited and non-standard for the 3D playback. Since you have another hardware and software, there is absolutely no reason to use exactly the same parameters.

Now, you can encode in frame sequential mode with the beta of BD3D2MK3D. Do your own tests. If your hardware is really able to play 3D movies, it must be possible to find the right parameters. I can't help you more.

Oh, have you tried to force your player to switch to 3D playback? Not all players are smart enough to obey the frame-packing info from the video stream or the stereoscopy mode from the MKV container.

Last edited by r0lZ; 27th July 2015 at 11:21.