View Single Post
Old 28th June 2007, 08:08   #370  |  Link
The_Keymaker

Has anyone been able to successfully mux an H.264 encoded file from an HD-DVD into a MKV? I've read through the thread and tried everything I know but to no avail.

The file is a sample from my HD-DVD "Norbit" and is encoded in H.264.

1. I've tried to mux the EVO containing the H.264 stream using GDSmux and MKVtoolnix...NO luck.

2. Using GDSmux and the EVO file, I can re-encode the H.264 stream to VC-1 (@25fps), but when I try to add 23.976 timecodes using MKVtoolnix I get the following Error:

Quote:
Error: Packet queue not empty for new track ID 1 (flushed: 0). Frames have been lost during remux. This should not have happened. Please contact the author Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org> with this error/warning message, a description of what you were trying to do, the command line used and which operating system you are using. Thank you.
Even if this DID work, I'd hate to re-encode, as it takes a Long time and GDSmux craps out after about 65MB of a 17GB file has been "transcoded".

3. I've also tried muxing the raw H.264 stream (obtained from EVOdemux) using MKVtoolnix and GDSmux. MKVtoolnix processes it but the playback is horribly wrong: color flashes and a mostly green screen (sound is OK though).

Any help would be appreciated.