View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:44   #18  |  Link
Jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
The flashgun effect?
Yeah. I was like WTF is that when I first watched the clip, I don't remember that happening.

Quote:
I've uploaded a new version, single-threaded, no flashgun. You can compare now.
Cool, yeah, that looks fine.

Quote:
But FizzKiller seems to have a problem with MT, at least here it does. I note that it is a meaningfully different use of mvtools from mvdegrain2p/3p, e.g. it uses two values for idx instead of one, so one script might expose issues that the other doesn't.
I suppose the obvious thing to try is someone else's known-good prefiltering MVD2 script. Or null FizzKiller by setting calm=source. Or edit a regular MVD2 script so that it uses two values of idx (or remove all assignments to idx so that each MV function gets a unique idx - though that seems extremely unlikely - actually these all seem unlikely).

Quote:
I will work on this some more tomorrow, and try to either find where I screwed up or work up a useful bug report for somebody.
Are encodes made with, say, MVD2, identical if using MVTools released versus MVTools beta?

With single-threaded FK, see how frames 1395+1396 look, with gamma set to 0.05. That is much like the problem with MT-FK. The error simply looks like the same blocks (mostly bright ones) being used all over the place - on frame 1396 you can see this in action by changing blksize to 8 or 4.

You didn't scream - I guess that's your hardened beta tester skin coming into its own...

Jawed
Jawed is offline   Reply With Quote