View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:53   #17  |  Link
Morte66
Flying Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawed View Post
Now, to that scream. FK is completely borked on frames 7, 72, 356+357, 435, 508, 610, 678, 713, 753, 818, 991, 1059, 1201, 1237, 1490.
The flashgun effect?

Quote:
I suppose it's either MVTools beta (did you use it for the FK encode?) or multi-threading. Or some horrid combination of the two. Or, erm...
Rebooted, ran it again, problem still there.

Switched to script with FizzKiller single-threaded, problem gone.

I may have mixed single and multi-threaded this afternoon during the smoke sequence. I dimly remember forgetting to switch it on at and "fixing" it some time. I've done a lot of clips today between mvd3 and variance AQ, they run together in my mind...

I've uploaded a new version, single-threaded, no flashgun. You can compare now.

I've been running multithreaded mvd3 since this afternoon on various stuff without problems. But not FizzKiller.

Just did multithreaded mvd3 and mvd2 again on the smoke clip, they work fine.

But FizzKiller seems to have a problem with MT, at least here it does. I note that it is a meaningfully different use of mvtools from mvdegrain2p/3p, e.g. it uses two values for idx instead of one, so one script might expose issues that the other doesn't.

I will work on this some more tomorrow, and try to either find where I screwed up or work up a useful bug report for somebody.

Last edited by Morte66; 23rd January 2008 at 00:55.
Morte66 is offline   Reply With Quote