View Single Post
Old 11th May 2018, 21:33   #530  |  Link
Asmodian

I agree with Manni and Warner306.

It is very important to not use smooth motion with any frame interpolation algorithm. Smooth motion generates blended frames when it needs to but these horribly confuse motion interpolation. Smooth motion also does soften the image some so it isn't going to help sharpness at all.

If you are already using NGU Sharp at as high a quality as you can, image enhancement is what you need. Play with one or two sharpeners, don't just click everything, more is not always better. I find good strenth values are usually between 0.5 and 1.5 but this is source and display dependent (I have no experience with projectors) so I wouldn't try to copy others' settings. Trust your eyes but also remember to keep a balance, very sharp might look good at first when studying too closely but look really bad when considering the image as a whole.

As a recommendation (take with some salt, see above):
Crispen Edges is a good option that tends to not make the image look too over sharpened and it can be combined with other sharpeners for good results at fairly low strengths.