View Single Post
Old 6th September 2022, 17:11   #114  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Akuma View Post
I see, so if VLC itself didn't cache my disks when the key is revoked not even the keydb.cfg will help me. I am assuming that the keys VLC caches are different from the keydb.cfg and that I can't somehow use those in VLC?

To be honest though, I still don't understand how using my own open software (VLC/libaccs/libbdplus) and a custom firmware on my optical drive would allow a key to be revoked permanently even for disks that are MKBv71 and older, and how MakeMKV apparently still gets around this somehow.

Yeah, I specifically meant UHDs. I have had no issues playing 1080p Blu-Rays. Even the 1080p Blu-Ray of Sonic 2 played just fine from the same Steelbook the UHD disk came from.

I tried the VLC forums, and a mod just linked me to this thread.
I haven't looked at Libredrive in a while but from what I remember it doesn't disable host certificate revocation. It creates custom commands to retrieve the VID and to disable the bus encryption on the drive so the host certificate is not needed.

VLC doesn't know about Libredrive. It doesn't know the custom commands to get the VID and to disable the bus encryption (and the drive certificate will still say the drive supports bus encryption). So VLC tries to retrieve the VID and RDK (for bus encryption) using the host certificate and fails because it's been revoked by the drive.

If you managed to play those UHD before, VLC should have cached the RDK and you should still be able to play the disc on that specific drive you played it before (if you flashed the firmware the RDk may have changed, I'm not sure about that)

Last edited by candela; 8th September 2022 at 18:10.
candela is offline   Reply With Quote