View Single Post
Old 28th August 2017, 10:05   #1225  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfatula View Post
Kodi does allow as shown mixed unforced and forced subtitles. See for example: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...339#pid1516339

My question is about what I am doing wrong in bd3d2mk3d, what boxes and I not checking or should be checking?
Verify the forced options in tab 2. You cannot do much more. But I may have to set also the individual forced flags on all subtitles of the globally forced track. And I will also have to verify if the individual forced flags are correctly preserved when a stream is converted to 3D.
(BTW, do you use 2D or 3D subtitles?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfatula View Post
And as a followup in case Kodi simply does not work properly on a 3D mkv, can I check both subtitles in bd3d2mk3d, use 1 to extract forced only and set to default, and, use the other as a second subtitle "track" so that I can play either one? Will they both save to the mkv? Edit - looks like it does work but would have been slightly preferred in one file.
It's already what BD3D2MK3D does anyway. Most players need two different subtitle streams, as they are usually unable to show only the forced subtitles from a complete stream. And, of course, I have not written BD3D2MK3D to be used only with Kodi. ;-)

Oh, another thing. A DVD player shows the forced subtitles of a stream containing both forced and normal subtitles only if the stream is "current". That means that it has to be selected, but not enabled. Perhaps Kodi needs something similar. But since there is no way to declare a stream as "current" in a MKV, perhaps you have to be sure that the stream containing the forced captions is the first in the list of subtitle streams. To force BD3D2MK3D to do that, be sure to tick the "default" option for that stream in tab 2. The stream with the default option will be the first in the MKV, and will have the "default" flag set. Maybe that will make the difference. However, normally, the default stream must be shown anyway, including its non forced subtitles. But AFAIK, no players respect that rule. I don't know for Kodi.

Last edited by r0lZ; 28th August 2017 at 10:15.