PDA

View Full Version : Nero Digital AVC hardware players

AlexeyS
27th May 2005, 11:23
Are there any players? If not, then when this players will be available?

Are there any AVC HDTV profile players?

G-Slide
27th May 2005, 11:27
Kiss Dp-600 series, but not yet rated...

it will be avaible in 1 or 2 months, using sigma designs new series xxxxx20L. But i don't know if it will play HD movies (i wish so ! :eek: )

bond
27th May 2005, 12:40
moved to where it belongs

SeeMoreDigital
27th May 2005, 15:21
Originally posted by bond
moved to where it belongs Thanks Bond

Originally posted by G-Slide
Kiss Dp-600 series, but not yet rated...

it will be avaible in 1 or 2 months, using sigma designs new series xxxxx20L. But i don't know if it will play HD movies (i wish so ! :eek: ) If you mean Sigma's EM8620L chip-set... despite what you've read, this chip-set does not support Mpeg4 AVC hardware decoding :eek:

If you would like to know which of Sigma's chip-set do support Mpeg4 AVC (and VC1) see below: -

http://img267.echo.cx/img267/915/sigmachipsets0zw.gif

But fear not, as it looks like JVC will be launching an I-O DATA re-badged player soon!

Cheers

G-Slide
27th May 2005, 19:00
oups ! my mistake ! 22L ;)

iwod
28th May 2005, 06:28
Sorry... but care to explain what has JVC and IO data about?

So will the Kiss Support it or not. ( I am very very interested in AVC decoding Player..... ARHHHH ).

Wouldn't it be nice if Xbox 360 or PS3 could do Nero Digital AVC decoding?

G-Slide
28th May 2005, 12:05
for ps3/xbox360, i don't know, but microsoft will install an counterpiracy system, due to xbox mods, and maybe il will be impossible to put a mod...

but both videosystems are powerful enough to read AVC...

SeeMoreDigital
28th May 2005, 12:25
Originally posted by iwod
Sorry... but care to explain what has JVC and IO data about? There's not a lot of information about the proposed player(s). Except for what's been hinted at over on the AVS forum...

Look in either the I-O DATA or Buffalo player threads. You might also find something if you do a search under AVLP3

So will the Kiss Support it or not. ( I am very very interested in AVC decoding Player..... ARHHHH ) Who knows... there's no (correct) AVC player information posted on KISS's web site!

You would think if KISS were planning to sell such players, they would be bragging about it "now"... But they are not!

Cheers

Latexxx
28th May 2005, 13:48
Wouldn't it be nice if Xbox 360 or PS3 could do Nero Digital AVC decoding?
PS3 plays bluray and bluray can use mpeg-2, vc-1 or avc. So PS3 will play it when properly mastered and burned as bluray.

G-Slide
28th May 2005, 15:26
and DVDs ;) don't forget it, Ps3 will be PS2 games compliant :)

iwod
29th May 2005, 09:43
OK, another reason to get PS3. Hope they get it right this time though. Coz M$ Xbox is coming even better than last time.

SeeMoreDigital
29th May 2005, 09:49
OK, another reason to get PS3. Hope they get it right this time though. Coz M$ Xbox is coming even better than last time. I guess it depends what you want out of a player...

Does anybody know whether any of these proposed new game players will include an digital video output connection?

Cheers

Doom9
29th May 2005, 10:49
digital video output connection?I bet.. but not without HDCP. And I wouldn't bet too much money on the PSP3 right now.. the physical media might still change (see BluRay & HD DVD integration talks).. that has a high chance of delaying the console.

Latexxx
29th May 2005, 19:07
Originally posted by Doom9
I bet.. but not without HDCP. And I wouldn't bet too much money on the PS3 right now.. the physical media might still change (see BluRay & HD DVD integration talks).. that has a high chance of delaying the console.
I'm pretty sure that the future disk formats won't integrate. Both sides have invested too much money and they are preparing for mass production. It would have been possible year ago but not anymore. So it may turn out that PS3 sports wrong kind of disk drive, which is pretty unlikely because bluray has much more support from equipment manufacturers than hd dvd.
But both new consoles are likely to have one big problem. They won't play avc off dvd-r's but require you to buy a new generation burner and some rip-off priced media. (Ballmer: there will be a new revision of Xbox 360 when the format wars are over) Yet Xbox will have one nice feature: it will work as media centre extender/upnp player thus allowing you to play files from your pc. Sony, on the other hand, is likely to force you to some weirdo formats and their own computers as servers.

iwod
29th May 2005, 20:12
Ballmer: there will be a new revision of Xbox 360 when the format wars are over

Did he really said that?

Anyway, the talk between the 2 side is clearly not for the benifits of us. Sony simply want to buy more time onto their side ,as we read their are already number of new technologies that help to fix the shortcoming of BD. So now advantages to song already. In the end sony doesn't care about HD DVD anymore. Of coz... that is unless M$ decided to step in and force everyone to buy a HD DVD. ( Yes i belive they surely have the power to do so )

An Interesting point Latexxx point out is that they dont play AVC on DVD + R ( ARHHHHH!!! )

Although i am sure Xbox advantage this time is that they are useier to hack for this purpose :P

So i hope Sony will see that ( procide us what we want :devil: )

If Xbox does come out in Novemnber. Than i see no reason to buy a DVD player now with AVC ability. Since the new Xbox won't cost as much anyway.

Latexxx
29th May 2005, 22:16
Did he really said that?
«We’re not going to be sitting here five years saying, “Oh jeez, we don’t have HD DVD-type storage.”»

Here. (http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000597043723/)

AlexeyS
25th August 2005, 13:51
Any news? Are there some hardware players which can play Nero Digital AVC?

SeeMoreDigital
25th August 2005, 14:13
Any news? Are there some hardware players which can play Nero Digital AVC?Not yet.... well not devices fitted with Sigma, MediaTek, ESS or Zoran chip-sets!

There are some other chip-set manufacturers but they seem to be concentrating their efforts on putting their chip-sets in HDTV set-top boxes... not stand-alone players.

Cheers

Cyberace
14th September 2005, 11:22
FYI, a modded* Xbox1 with XBMC (http://www.xboxmediacenter.com) can play AVC/H264 video files today! :D
(* modded = Xbox modified via a software-exploit-hack, or a modchip ;)).

...just though know that a standard Xbox (with Xbox Media Center) can not play native 720p or 1080i/1080p MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) videos, (well they play but it drops so many frames it becomes unwatchable). Xbox with XboxMediaCenter (http://www.xboxmediacenter.com) software can however play and upscale/upconvert H.264 video at DVD-resolutions (max 720x576) to 720p (1280x720) at an acceptable frame rate, but even at that resolution it might drop a few frames, ...through as the H.264 demuxer/decoder in FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net) and MPlayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu) (which is what XBMC uses to decode video) gets more optimizations for 32-bit x86 each week that those dropped frames might relativly soon be a thing of the past, (note by relativly soon I'm personaly guessing around 6-months or so as relative 'simple' MMX/MMX2/SSE optmizations have the potential to speedup decoding signifigently).

Links to XboxMediaCenter's forum discussions regarding ACV playback on Xbox:
Nero-Digital/x264 H.264 MPEG-4 AVC codec, is the Xbox CPU powerfull enough? (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?;act=ST;f=2;t=14956)
HOW-TO play Nero AVC (H.264) in AVI by compile MPlayer with latest FFmpeg! (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=8;t=13786)
Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC / H264 in .MP4 containers support (feature request) (http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=4;t=8555)

PS! A standard Xbox only got a Intel Pentium III 733Mhz (and 64MB RAM), but if you can get your hands on a DreamX 1480 Xbox (http://www.xbox-scene.com/hardware/dreamx.php) it can play native 720p HD-resolution H.264 video and output it to a HDTV display just fine without dropping any frames as it has a 1480Mhz PIII (and 128MB RAM)! :devil:

oluv
10th October 2005, 18:19
sorry i am quite new to mp4 and avc encoding. but right now i am encoding already all my stuff with nero digital and cinema avc profile and i am looking for a suitable dvd-player that would playback my movies.

i read about kiss dp-700 which should fully support nero digital avc, but it will only come out in 2006.

are there really no hardware players out yet, that support avc playback?

SeeMoreDigital
10th October 2005, 19:06
...are there really no hardware players out yet, that support avc playback?No... Not yet!

Sigma are reported to have chip-set's that are almost ready, which is what KiSS and some other stand-alone player manufacturers will be using.

However, and I'm reading between the line here, given that these new chip-sets support true high-def encodes and new methods of "on-chip" copyright protection, I can see "all" prospective player manufacturers will be forced into fitting HDMI (with HDCP) output sockets to their devices this time around...

As a consequence this will totally eradicate the illegal up-scaling [according to CSS] of copyright protected std-def DVD content via the component outputs too!

Plus (unlike today) it could take months for player manufacturers to release their new high-def MPEG-4/AVC and VC1 players because all prospective devices fitted with an HDMI output have to be tested and approved by a new "independent" CSS consortium before any player can be manufactured and distributed to the public!

To begin with this approval procedure could hit "well respected" device manufactures very hard because if they don't adhere to the process they could have their licences to manufacture devices pulled. However, it wont stop "less respected" device manufacturers working from dodgy factories in some parts of the world exploiting and flouting the regulations!

Cheers

Mtz
12th October 2005, 01:01
Take a look here: http://www.z500series.com/specs.php
For me is strange one thing: subtitles support.
srt, .ssa and .smi subtitles
No MicroDVD subtitles (sub) ?

enjoy,
Mtz

SeeMoreDigital
12th October 2005, 08:49
Take a look here: http://www.z500series.com/specs.php
For me is strange one thing: subtitles support.

No MicroDVD subtitles (sub) ?

enjoy,
MtzI'm actually beta testing the Z500....

However, I don't have samples of all the different subtitling disc storage methods.... so I can't test this facility I'm affraid....

Cheers

Mtz
12th October 2005, 21:24
The most used subtitles are SubRip (srt) and MicroDVD (sub). Just convert any subtitle file in MicroDVD using for example Subtitle Workshop. Than burn the avi with the subtitle on CD.
Movie.avi
Movie.sub

enjoy,
Mtz

SeeMoreDigital
12th October 2005, 22:10
If you (or anybody else) are able to provide me with some short sample files, I will be happy to test them.

Just zip them up and send them to SeeMoreDigital@msn.com together with an explanatory text file as to what they contain..... Anything up to 10MB

Cheers

Mtz
13th October 2005, 01:40
Mail sent. About 130kb. ;)

enjoy,
Mtz

AlexeyS
17th October 2005, 19:24
Any news about Nero AVC players?

SeeMoreDigital
17th October 2005, 20:15
Not yet!

Sagittaire
18th October 2005, 11:04
@ SMD

for all audio codec, for all video codec, for all container, for all subtitles
(for exemple divx6 with menu, chapter, multi-sub xsub, multi-audio 5.1 mp3 ...)

You can test with that
http://www.divxtest.com/article.php3?id_article=125

and make test report here
http://www.divxtest.com/form/divxtest2_add.php?lang=eng

Here the result at this time
http://www.divxtest.com/form/divxtest2_list.php

here the spec for CDR test V2
A_Supports et formats de disques
SUP-01 DVD du commerce Yes-No-NT
SUP-02 VCD Yes-No-NT
SUP-03 SVCD Yes-No-NT
SUP-04 CD-R Yes-No-NT
SUP-05 CD-RW Yes-No-NT
SUP-06 DVD-R Yes-No-NT
SUP-07 DVD-RW Yes-No-NT
SUP-08 DVD+R Yes-No-NT
SUP-09 DVD+RW Yes-No-NT
SUP-10 CDR-90 Min Yes-No-NT
SUP-11 CDR-99 Min Yes-No-NT
SUP-12 Mini-CD (CD diamètre 8cm) Yes-No-NT
SUP-13 DVD+R DL Yes-No-NT
SUP-14 DVD-R DL Yes-No-NT
SUP-15 CD+G (Karaoke) Yes-No-NT
SUP-16 DVD Audio Yes-No-NT
SUP-17 SACD Yes-No-NT
SUP-18 Mini-DVD (structure DVD sur support CD)Yes-No-NT

B_Options / Caractéristiques générales
OPT-1A Dézonable Yes-No-NT
OPT-1B Suppression Macrovision possible Yes-No-NT
OPT-1C FF/RW sur divx Yes-No-NT
(tous types confondus), avec reprise instantanée de la lecture
OPT-1D Support CD/DVD multi-formats Yes-No-NT
(affichage simultané fichiers image+son+vidéo dans le navigateur)
OPT-1E Mises à jour du firmware possibles Yes-No-NT
OPT-1F Zoom Vidéo pré-paramétré (x2 x3 etc…) Yes-No-NT
OPT-1G Zoom Vidéo Progressif Yes-No-NT
(paramétrable par l'utilisateur, pas par pas, en hauteur et en largeur indépendamment)
OPT-1H Reprise de lecture en mode DVD Yes-No-NT
OPT-1I Reprise de lecture sur en mode Divx (tous types confondus) Yes-No-NT
OPT-1J Ralenti en mode Divx (tous types confondus) Yes-No-NT
OPT-1K Avance image par image en mode Divx (tous types confondus) Yes-No-NT
OPT-1L Possibilité diaporama sonorisé Yes-No-NT
(par exemple : MP3 + JPG simultanés, WMA + JPG etc...)
OPT-1M Recherche temporelle (goto) en mode Divx (tous types confondus) Yes-No-NT

C_Interface : Options des menus
OPT-2A Affichage caractères accentués/spéciaux dans les noms de fichiers Yes-No-NT
OPT-2B Nombre de caractères affichés dans les noms de fichiers >indiquer le nombre exact (fichier échantillon fourni)
OPT-2C Démarrage Menus DVD par défaut dans la langue choisie Yes-No-NT
OPT-2D Affichage des fichiers triés dans l’ordre alphabétique Yes-No-NT
OPT-2E Prévisualisation des images dans le navigateur de fichiers Yes-No-NT
OPT-2F Prévisualisation des vidéos dans le navigateur de fichiers (1er Frame ou Preview animée) Yes-No-NT
OPT-2G Possibilité de désactiver l'espace de prévisualisation dans le navigateur de fichiers Yes-No-NT

D_Interface : Options sur fichiers audio et images
OPT-3A Lecture aléatoire par dossier en mode audio Yes-No-NT
OPT-3B Lecture aléatoire sur plusieurs dossiers en mode audio Yes-No-NT
OPT-3C Affichage Tags ID3 v1 dans les MP3 Yes-No (fichier échantillon fourni)
OPT-3D Affichage Tags ID3 v2 dans les MP3 Yes-No-P (fichier échantillon fourni)
(affichage texte uniquement : P, affichage des covers incluses : Y)
OPT-3E Constitutions de playlists audio Yes-No-NT
(programmation MP3/WMA etc… La programmation en CDDA n’est pas considérée)
OPT-3F Support des Playlists MP3 au format WinAmp (M3U) Yes-No-NT
OPT-3G Effets de transitions paramétrables entre les images Yes-No-NT
OPT-3H Rotation des images possible Yes-No-NT
OPT-3I Zoom pré-paramétré (x2 x3 etc…) sur images Yes-No-NT
OPT-3J Zoom progressif sur images Yes-No-NT
(paramétrable par l'utilisateur, pas par pas, en hauteur et en largeur indépendamment)
OPT-3K Constitution de playlists d'images (programmation) Yes-No-NT

E_Connectique
CON-01 Sortie vidéo composite (jaune) Yes-No-NT
CON-02 Sortie S-Vidéo Yes-No-NT
CON-03 Sortie vidéo YUV Yes-No-NT
CON-04 Péritel RVB Yes-No-NT
CON-05 Sortie vidéo VGA Yes-No-NT
CON-06 Sortie vidéo DVI Yes-No-NT
CON-07 Sortie multimedia HDMI Yes-No-NT
CON-08 Signal vidéo Progressive Scan possible Yes-No-NT
(quelle que soit la sortie utilisée pour le restituer)
CON-09 Sorties Audio 5.1 analogiques 6 fiches RCA Yes-No-NT
CON-10 Sortie Audio numérique Coaxiale Yes-No-NT
CON-11 Sortie Audio numérique Optique Yes-No-NT
CON-12 Décodeur DTS intégréYes-No-NT
(sur le principe le décodeur DD est toujours présent)
CON-13 Lecteur de cartes (SD, MMC, CF...) Yes-No-NT
CON-14 Lecteur de cartes au format PCMCIA Yes-No-NT
CON-15 Port Ethernet Yes-No-NT
CON-16 Connexion wifi intégrée Yes-No-NT
CON-17 Port USB 1 ou 2 Yes-No-NT
CON-18 Port Firewire (IEE 1394) Yes-No-NT
CON-19 Entrée Micro Yes-No-NT
CON-20 Disque dur intégré Indiquer capacité à titre d’information Yes-No-NT + (taille en Go)
CON-21 Connexion Bluetooth Yes-No-NT
CON-22 Rack pour disque dur Yes-No-NT

F_Compatibilité : formats d’images supportés
IMG-01 Fichier JPG 2 Megapixels Yes-No
IMG-02 Fichier JPG 6 Megapixels Yes-No
IMG-03 Fichier GIF Yes-No
IMG-04 Fichier BMP Yes-No
IMG-05 Fichier TIF Yes-No
IMG-06 Fichier PNG Yes-No
IMG-07 Fichier PCX Yes-No

G_Compatibilité : formats audio acceptés
Tests de compatibilité: MP3
AUD-1A mp3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (simple test mp3) Yes-No
AUD-1B mp3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test du VBR) Yes-No
AUD-1C mp3 pro 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du SBR) Yes-No-P (détection 48khz=yes, sinon P)
AUD-1D mp3 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
Tests de compatibilité: AAC
AUD-2A LC-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (simple test AAC) Yes-No
AUD-2B LC-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test du VBR) Yes-No
AUD-2C HE-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du SBR)Yes-No-P (détection 48khz=Yes, sinon P)
AUD-2D LC-AAC 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
Tests de compatibilité: WMA9
AUD-3A WMA9 Sdt 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (simple test WMA9 sdt) Yes-No
AUD-3B WMA9 Sdt 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test du VBR) Yes-No
AUD-3C WMA9 Pro 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (simple test du WMA9 Pro) Yes-No
AUD-3D WMA9 Pro 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
Tests de compatibilité: Ogg Vorbis
AUD-4AOgg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (simple test Ogg Vorbis) Yes-No
AUD-4B Ogg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test du VBR) Yes-No
AUD-4C Ogg Vorbis 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
Tests de compatibilité: Autres
AUD-5A fichier AC3 5.1 48KHz 448Kbps CBR (simple test DD) Yes-No
AUD-5B fichier DTS 5.1 48KHz 768Kbps CBR (simple test DTS) Yes-No
AUD-5C fichier MPC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (simple test MPC) Yes-No
AUD-5D fichier FLA 2.0 48KHz (simple test FLAC) Yes-No

H_Compatibilité : codecs video acceptés
MPEG1 et MPEG2 (complet)
VID-1A VCD MPEG1 1150 Kbps + MP2 224 Kbps (test de compatibilité au standard VCD avec fichier seul) Yes-No
VID-1B SVCD MPEG2 VBR ~1350 Kbps (max 2520 Kbps) + MP2 224 Kbps (test de compatibilité au standard SVCD avec fichier seul) Yes-No
VID-1C KVCD MPEG2 VBR ~1550 Kbps (max 9800 Kbps) + MP2 224 Kbps (test de compatibilité MPEG2 atypique KVCD avec fichier seul) Yes-No
VID-1D MPEG2 MP@HL HD 720p 1280*720*60 + MP2 224 Kbps Yes-No
(test de compatibilité au standard MPEG2 MP@HL 720p)
VID-1E MPEG2 MP@HL HD 1080i 1920*1088*30 + MP2 224 Kbps Yes-No
(test de compatibilité au standard MPEG2 MP@HL 1080i)
Microsoft MPEG4 (M$ MPEG4 V3, DivX 3.xx, DivX 3 NBC ...) (complet)
VID-2A DivX 3 + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité DivX3) Yes-No
VID-2B DivX 3 Bitrate Crash Test + MP3 CBR 750/1500/3000/6000
(crash test avec 4 niveaux de difficulté : indiquer le dernier bitrate supporté)
VID-2C DivX 3 High Definition 1280*720 + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 720p) Yes-No
VID-2D DivX 3 High Definition 1920*1088 + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 1080p) Yes-No
MPEG4 ASP (XviD, DivX4, DivX5, DivX6, 3ivX, NeroDigital ASP ...) (complet)
VID-3A: MPEG4 ASP 4CC DivX + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité simple du codec DivX) Yes-No
VID-3B MPEG4 ASP 4CC XviD + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité simple du codec XviD) Yes-No
VID-3C MPEG4 ASP Bframes + MP3 CBR Indiquer le nombre de b-frames supportés : 1/2/3
(test de compatibilité multi-bframe sans packet bitstream)
VID-3D MPEG4 ASP Bframes packet bitstream + MP3 CBR Indiquer le nombre de b-frames supportés : 1/2/3
(test de compatibilité multi-bframe avec packet bitstream)
VID-3E MPEG4 ASP Custom Matrix + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité avec les custom matrix) Yes-No
VID-3F MPEG4 ASP Qpel + MP3 CBR (test de compatibilité avec le Qpel) Yes-No
VID-3G MPEG4 ASP GMC 1 WP & 3 WP + MP3 CBR Indiquer le nombre de warp point supportés : 0/1/3
(test de compatibilité avec le GMC 1 & 3 warp point (DivX & XviD))
VID-3H MPEG4 ASP Bitrate Crash Test + MP3 CBR CBR 750/1500/3000/4500
(crash test avec 4 niveaux de difficulté : indiquer le dernier bitrate supporté)
VID-3I MPEG4 ASP High Definition 1280*720 (test de compatibilité High Definition 720p) Yes-No
VID3J- MPEG4 ASP High Definition 1920*1088 (test de compatibilité High Definition 1080p) Yes-No
MPEG4 AVC (Nero AVC, x264, Quick Time AVC, MainConcept AVC, Sorensen AVC ...)(complet)
VID-4A MPEG4 AVC Main Profil + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité du H264 Main Profil) Yes-No
VID-4B MPEG4 AVC High Profil + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité du H264 High Profil) Yes-No
VID-4C MPEG4 AVC Bframe + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité avec le multi-bframe) Yes-No
VID-4D MPEG4 AVC Reference Frame + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité avec le multi-reference frame) Yes-No
VID-4E MPEG4 AVC Cabac + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité avec Cabac) Yes-No
VID-4F MPEG4 AVC weighted prediction + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité avec weighted prediction) Yes-No
VID-4G MPEG4 AVC avec matrice de quantisation + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité avec custom quant matrix) Yes-No
VID-4H MPEG4 AVC Bitrate Crash Test + LC-AAC CBR 750/1500/3000/6000
VID-4I MPEG4 AVC High Definition 1280*720 + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 720p) Yes-No
VID-4J MPEG4 AVC High Definition 1920*1088 + LC-AAC CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 1080p) Yes-No
Microsoft WMV9 ou VC-1 (complet)
VID-5A WMV9 MP@ML + WMA9 sdt CBR (test de compatibilité WMV9) Yes-No
VID-5B WMV9 Bitrate Crash Test + WMA9 sdt CBR 750/1500/3000/4500
VID-5C WMV9 MP@HP High Definition 1280*720 + WMA9 sdt CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 720p) Yes-No
VID-5D WMV9 MP@HP High Definition 1920*1088 + WMA9 sdt CBR (test de compatibilité High Definition 1080p) Yes-No

I_Compatibilité : test des conteneurs video et des “bivx”
Conteneur *.AVI (complet)
CONT-1A MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple conteneur AVI) Yes-No
CONT-1B MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec mp3 vbr) Yes-No
CONT-1C MPEG4 ASP + AC3 5.1 48KHz 384 Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-1D MPEG4 ASP + Multiple MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR(test du multi-audio avec MP3) Yes-No-P
CONT-1E MPEG4 ASP + Multiple AC3 5.1 Eng (test du multi-audio en AC3 multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-1F MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + Multiple subtitles (test des sous-titres AVI) Yes-No-P
CONT-1G MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + chapter (test du chapitrage) Yes-No-P
CONT-1H MPEG4 ASP + Multiple MP3 2.0 CBR + Multiple subtitles + Chapter + Menu (test des menus AVI) Yes-No-P
CONT-1I MPEG4 ASP + DXAudio 2.0 CBR (test du DivX audio = old WMA) Yes-No
CONT-1J MPEG4 ASP + Multi DXAudio 2.0 CBR (test du multi-audio avec DivX audio) Yes-No-P
Conteneur *.DivX Norme DivX6 (complet)
CONT-2A MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple conteneur DivX) Yes-No
CONT-2B MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec mp3 vbr) Yes-No
CONT-2C MPEG4 ASP + AC3 5.1 48KHz 384 Kbps CBR (test du multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-2D MPEG4 ASP + Multiple MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio MP3 2.0) Yes-No-P
CONT-2E MPEG4 ASP + Multiple AC3 5.1 Eng (test du multi-audio en AC3 multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-2F MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + Multiple subtitles (test des sous-titres Divx6) Yes-No-P
CONT-2G MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + chapter (test du chapitrage) Yes-No-P
CONT-2H MPEG4 ASP + Multiple MP3 2.0 CBR + Multiple subtitles + Chapter + Menu (test des menus divx 6) Yes-No-P
Conteneur *.MP4 Norme iso-MPEG4 officielle (Nero Digital) (complet)
CONT-3A MPEG4 ASP + LC-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple conteneur MP4) Yes-No
CONT-3B MPEG4 ASP + LC-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec AAC VBR) Yes-No
CONT-3C MPEG4 ASP + LC-AAC 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test de l'AAC multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-3D MPEG4 ASP + Multiple LC-AAC 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio AAC 2.0) Yes-No-P
CONT-3E MPEG4 ASP + Multiple LC-AAC 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio en AAC multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-3F MPEG4 ASP + LC-AAC 2.0 + Multiple subtitles (test des sous-titres Nero Digital) Yes-No-P
CONT-3G MPEG4 ASP + LC-AAC 2.0 + chapter (test du chapitrage) Yes-No-P
Conteneur *.MKV Norme Matroska (complet)
CONT-4A MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple container MKV) Yes-No
CONT-4B MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec MP3 VBR) Yes-No
CONT-4C MPEG4 ASP + AC3 5.1 (test de l'ac3 multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-4D MPEG4 ASP + Multiple MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio MP3 2.0) Yes-No-P
CONT-4E MPEG4 ASP + Multiple AC3 5.1 Eng (test du multi-audio en AC3 multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-4F MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + Multiple subtitles (test des sous-titres Matroska)
CONT-4G MPEG4 ASP + MP3 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + chapter (test du chapitrage) Yes-No-P
Yes-No-P
Conteneur *.OGM (complet)
CONT-5A MPEG4 ASP + Ogg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple container OGM) Yes-No
CONT-5B MPEG4 ASP + Ogg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec Ogg Vorbis VBR) Yes-No
CONT-5C MPEG4 ASP + Ogg Vorbis 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test de l'ogg vorbis multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-5D MPEG4 ASP + Multiple Ogg 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio avec Ogg Vorbis 2.0) Yes-No-P
CONT-5E MPEG4 ASP + Multiple Ogg Vorbis 5.1 (test du multi-audio avec Ogg Vorbis multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-5F MPEG4 ASP + Ogg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + Multiple subtitles (test des sous-titres *.OGM) Yes-No-P
CONT-5G MPEG4 ASP + Ogg Vorbis 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR + chapter (test du chapitrage) Yes-No-P
Conteneur *.WMV Norme Microsoft (complet)
CONT-6A WMV9 + WMA9 sdt 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test de compatibilité simple conteneur WMV) Yes-No
CONT-6B WMV9 + WMA9 sdt 48KHz 96Kbps VBR (test de synchro audio-video avec WMA9 VBR) Yes-No
CONT-6C WMV9 + WMA9 pro 5.1 48KHz 192Kbps CBR (test du WMA9 multicanal) Yes-No-P
CONT-6D WMV9 + Multiple WMA9 sdt 2.0 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio WMA9 steréo) Yes-No-P
CONT-6E WMV9 + Multiple WMA9 pro 5.1 48KHz 96Kbps CBR (test du multi-audio WMA9 multicanal) Yes-No-P

J_Compatibilité : test fichiers sous-titres séparés
SUB-01 SubRip .srt SANS tags Yes-No
SUB-02 SubRip .srt AVEC tags Yes-No-P
SUB-03 MicroDVD .sub Yes-No
SUB-04 SubStation Alpha .ssa Yes-No
SUB-05 SAMI .smi Yes-No
SUB-06 SAMI .smi muli-langues Yes-No-P
SUB-07 Sous-titres DVD originaux .sub + .idx Yes-No
SUB-08 multi sous-titres (SubRip dans des fichiers .srt séparés) Yes-No
SUB-09 Affichage contouré en noir ou contrasté par une quelconque méthode Yes-No
SUB-10 Affichage des caractères accentués/spéciaux Yes-No
SUB-11 Sous-titres centrés en bas de l'écran Yes-No
SUB-12 Nombre total de caractères affichés Indiquer le nombre exact
SUB-13 Nombre de lignes affichées Indiquer le nombre 1/2/3

oluv
18th October 2005, 14:14
Any news about Nero AVC players?

this is the email i got from kiss when i asked them about the availabilty of their new dp-700 player:

Dear Olaf,

Thank you for your mail and for your interst in our coming DP-700 player series.

In addition to your questions, we expect to launch the DP-700 end of 1st quarter 2006. The player will support both AVC and H.264.

There are still no data sheet available, however, we will save your mail and contact you again before the launch.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen / Mit freundlichen Grüssen
-------------------------------------------
Nils W. Hougaard
Area Sales Manager

K|i|S|S Technology A/S
Slotsmarken 10
2970 Hørsholm
Denmark
Phone + 45 45 17 00 42
Mobile + 45 22 60 03 42
Fax + 45 45 17 00 60
nwh@kiss-technology.com
www.kiss-technology.com

bond
18th October 2005, 16:20
wow both avc and h.264 ;)

SeeMoreDigital
18th October 2005, 16:51
wow both avc and h.264 ;)Wow... that is rather amazing!

Putting the above mentioned revelation to one side for a moment.... I very much doubt you'll be seeing the DP-700 series before March 2006 :eek:

oluv
19th October 2005, 11:20
I very much doubt you'll be seeing the DP-700 series before March 2006 :eek:

no?! man, i need one right now! :(
cannot we all sign a petition that they should bring it out as soon as possible? ;)

mic64
28th October 2005, 20:05
Guys

just remember. The Kiss DP600 was promised for March. Was it available then?
No..it will be out now. November.
So I don´t expect anything with h264 before fall 2006.

mic

SeeMoreDigital
28th October 2005, 20:29
As far as I'm aware Sigma have not finalized any of their proposed AVC capable chip-sets yet :(

Cheers

jemaricld
28th October 2005, 21:08
anyone use nero 7 ultra yet bougth it & felt i waisted my money couldnot get it to work @ nero has bad tech support

SeeMoreDigital
28th October 2005, 21:17
anyone use nero 7 ultra yet bougth it & felt i waisted my money couldnot get it to work @ nero has bad tech supportMay I ask what your question has to do with the topic of this thread?

Cheers

AlexeyS
22nd March 2006, 20:31
Any news about AVC players? Can't understand why nobody make these players? I mean players were announced a lot of time ago.

SeeMoreDigital
22nd March 2006, 22:11
Lack of fully viable chip-sets (from Sigma and/or other manufacturers), HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray disc drives, licensing approval.... take your pick!

iwod
24th March 2006, 09:49
I dont know if there are any point in making them anymore. With HD DVD / BD DVD Player coming out soon that will support H.264 PS3, ( And hopefully Nintendo Rev ).

CruNcher
28th March 2006, 23:10
iwod bigest point is you can (most probably) only play HD-DVD/Blu-Ray authored stuff with those Players no .avi or .mp4 only another type of .vob wich is called .evo i think and maybe .ts but you have to buy new authoring programms for that purpose.

Chainmax
28th April 2006, 16:25
Is there any info out yet on what AVC features (custom matrices, number of ref frames, mixed refs, etc) are supported on these standalones?

SeeMoreDigital
28th April 2006, 16:49
Is there any info out yet on what AVC features (custom matrices, number of ref frames, mixed refs, etc) are supported on these standalones?Currently there's only got one (HD DVD) player, the Toshiba HD-XA1, to use as a benchmark for testing MPEG-4 AVC... and as far as I know nobody has compiled any playback tests with it yet!

Cheers

pmcharg@pacbell.net
25th May 2006, 03:54
But it seems to be bad news...

I am posting this email that I received from KISS. I had emaied the same person that 'Olaf' had emailed when he inquired about an H264/AVC compliant player.
--------------------
RE: KISS DP-600, and DP-700
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:42:09 +0200
From: "Nils Hougaard (nhougaar)" <nhougaar@cisco.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: pmcharg@pacbell.net

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for contacting KiSS Networked Entertainment and for your below mail. My mail that you refer to is very old, as we for a long time have cancelled the launch of the DP-700. It was a model we decided not to launch.

Today we have the DP-600 in our product line that is our first high definition media player. We will come with products later on that will also support H.264, even we unfortunately cannot say when we will launch such a player nor do we now the model number at this point.

Therefore I suggest that you keep your selves updated via our web-site or that you contact me again later this year.

We hope you choose for a KiSS product.

Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards

Nils Winkler Hougaard
Sales Manager - DACH

KiSS Networked Entertainment
Slotsmarken 10
2970 Hørsholm
Denmark

Direct phone + 45 45 17 66 42
Mobile + 45 22 60 03 42
Fax + 45 45 17 65 60
nhougaar@cisco.com
www.kiss-technology.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20. maj 2006 02:51
To: nwh@kiss-technology.com
Subject: KISS DP-600, and DP-700

Sir;

Some time ago, in October, 2005, a letter was published that was supposed to have come from you. It is reproduced below,
----------------------
Dear Olaf,

Thank you for your mail and for your interst in our coming DP-700 player series.

In addition to your questions, we expect to launch the DP-700 end of 1st quarter 2006. The player will support both AVC and H.264.

There are still no data sheet available, however, we will save your mail and contact you again before the launch.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen / Mit freundlichen Grüssen
-------------------------------------------
Nils W. Hougaard
Area Sales Manager

K|i|S|S Technology A/S
Slotsmarken 10
2970 Hørsholm
Denmark
Phone + 45 45 17 00 42
Mobile + 45 22 60 03 42
Fax + 45 45 17 00 60
nwh@kiss-technology.com
www.kiss-technology.com
----------------------

I am wondering about the status of the DP-700. Can we expect to see it within the next few months?

Also, I wrote to KISS in order to find out if the DP-600 would play NeroDigital MPEG4/AVC encoded movies, and I was told that it would play those movies correctly.

Is this true, or do I need to wait for the DP-700?

Thank you!

Patrick
My business: <www.vibetech.com>
A friend of Liberty is a friend of mine: <www.lp.org> and
<www.self-gov.org>
--------------------

Bummer. (if true)

I am certain that there are other people here, decidedly more 'wound-in' than I, that may be able to rebut or confirm this. I hope that you'll take a moment to comment on this.

Regards;

Patrick

SeeMoreDigital
25th May 2006, 09:28
Sadly, it's not that much of a surprise Patrick... As Sigma are still developing their MPEG-4 Part 10 capable chip-sets!

As far as I know they have not been officially released. And gowd knows how stable they'll be when they are :eek:

pmcharg@pacbell.net
26th May 2006, 03:33
Sadly, it's not that much of a surprise Patrick... As Sigma are still developing their MPEG-4 Part 10 capable chip-sets!

As far as I know they have not been officially released. And gowd knows how stable they'll be when they are :eek:

Would anyone know about any other HW players out there that can display H264/AVC encoded video? I am considering the HTPC route, as there are some very nice uATX boards comming available now...

Pat

SeeMoreDigital
26th May 2006, 16:55
Would anyone know about any other HW players out there that can display H264/AVC encoded video? I am considering the HTPC route, as there are some very nice uATX boards comming available now...

PatMaybe Toshiba's HD-A1 can.... But I don't know if anybody has tested it yet with MPEG-4 AVC sources!

Cheers

Golgot13
27th May 2006, 02:44
HD-A1 and HD-XA1 don't play directly H264 video (need to mux in HD DVD project).

I test some H264 file encoded by x264 : problem with pic bitrate...
(warning in HD DVD authoring software, and HD DVD player block
the picture when the bitrate is high)

I can not change it (--vbv maxrate with --vbv bufsize don't lock the max bitrate).

And I can not encode in CBR (MeGui don't accept ratetol at 0), no way to make compliant H264
video with x264 software ....

Golgot13

SeeMoreDigital
27th May 2006, 09:34
Oh dear... this is not very encouraging news!

From what I understand the Toshiba's are fitted with an Broadcom BCM7411KPB0G chip-set (as per the SkyHD set-top box).

Does the Toshiba's network connection allow your to serve media streams from your PC?

Cheers

bond
27th May 2006, 09:42
HD-A1 and HD-XA1 don't play directly H264 video (need to mux in HD DVD project).

I test some H264 file encoded by x264 : problem with pic bitrate...
(warning in HD DVD authoring software, and HD DVD player block
the picture when the bitrate is high)

I can not change it (--vbv maxrate with --vbv bufsize don't lock the max bitrate).

And I can not encode in CBR (MeGui don't accept ratetol at 0), no way to make compliant H264
video with x264 software ....just because your player doesnt play it doesnt mean x264 is not h.264 compliant

for how to use vbv and cbr :search:

Sagittaire
4th June 2006, 19:06

choose simply buffersize at 0 if you want strict max bitrate but IMO your x264 command line are simply false.

just because your player doesnt play it doesnt mean x264 is not h.264 compliant

not h264 compliant here but simply not HDDVD compliant (problem can be overflow problem or max mv range problem)

brucevangeorge
4th April 2007, 16:10
PS! A standard Xbox only got a Intel Pentium III 733Mhz (and 64MB RAM), but if you can get your hands on a DreamX 1480 Xbox (http://www.xbox-scene.com/hardware/dreamx.php) it can play native 720p HD-resolution H.264 video and output it to a HDTV display just fine without dropping any frames as it has a 1480Mhz PIII (and 128MB RAM)! :devil:

Has this been confirmed?

This would really be a great alternative to the HD format war.

Get a multi drive, get anydvdHD, rip and send to the Xbox.

Zero1
8th April 2007, 10:34
Some possibly encouraging news...

Months ago (around September) I emailed Nils Hougaard at KiSS/Linksys (and he was very helpful and quick to reply :)), about the planned DP-700. Well to cut a long story short, I was basically asking when we might be able to get hold of one, and if it will support H.264 + AAC in MP4 (I believe I also stressed that the files I would be trying to play would be in the region of HP@L4).

Well, here was the email I got back from him.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Linksys and for your interest in our KiSS products.

In addition to your product request I can announce that we will not launch the
so-called DP-700 model, however, we will launch the KiSS 1600 high definition
media player instead. This model will support H.264 and AAC as requested and we
launch the player during November this year.

We will have final product information and specs available during October, but
basically the features will be similar to the once on the existing DP-600 model.
Please check www.kiss-technology.com for details.

I hope this information was what you were looking for and we hope you will
decide on a KiSS 1600 when launched.

Med venlig hilsen/Best Regards

Nils Winkler Hougaard
Sales Manager

Linksys
Slotsmarken 10
2970 Hørsholm
Denmark

As you can imagine, come October I was checking the site quite a bit for any information :p But after so long I kind of gave up.

Months more down the line, for some reason I remembered it, or just decided to check; you know how sometimes you find yourself loading random websites when you have nothing to do or can't think straight?

Well http://www.kiss-technology.com/ now takes you to a decidedly Linksys style page, rather than the old KiSS site that had the information on their other players. This was a good sign that perhaps something was happening, and so there is also a link to the KiSS 1600 information.

This was about 2 weeks ago. Today I was just googling around to see if it was available and found this website that seems to stock it for around £200: http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/extra.asp?extension=&product_number=KISS1600%2DUK

So now all that remains to be seen, is what exactly it supports.