PDA

View Full Version : AUthoring BD: what program?

framura
9th March 2009, 13:33
Hi,

today we have many BD authoring program but I would like to know if exists a program with following features:

1) Importing VC-1, H264, MPEG2 video streams without reencoding
2) Importing AC3, DTS, PCM audio streams without reencoding
3) Importing subtitle streams (in various formats)
4) Creating menu (simple) for BD with multiple streams
5) BD-25 and BD-50 compatibility (and BD-RE 25 and BD-RE 50)
6) With and without AACS and Java
7) Under $200/$300

I know Scenarist or Sony Blu-print or DVDit Pro HD or DoStudio features but these have very high prices: the others (Ulead, TMPGEnc, Pinnacle, Cyberlink for example) haven't one or more above features (overall first).

Do you know any programs with above features (or nearly all)?

Thanks in advance

mmace
9th March 2009, 13:42
for that price you'll be very lucky to get one with half the features!

I use Adobe Encore CS4 which has the majority (and it does pop-up menu's which are Java so in a way that's included too)

Golgot13
9th March 2009, 14:14
Hi all,

there is a new simple BD authoring software (HDMV and BDJ) from Canvass (japanese company).
I'm not sure it will cheap (it's hard to be at less than 300$) but the price will be very interesting.
It's from Ulead/Corel SDK. I think it will be announced before NAB.

About video codec, you can forget VC1 (Canvass software support it)...
Why =>
- H264 codec is compatible with lot of platform (can mux on mkv, play by Flash player,...)
- H264 codec is more efficient than VC1 :) (MS can not prouve than VC1 is better)
- Much last HD camcorder use H264 codec (except HDV format).
- H264 is (will be on other part of world) available in broadcasting TV system ( DVB; ATSC approuved it ... :p :rolleyes: Ben)

mmace
9th March 2009, 15:32
Hi all,

there is a new simple BD authoring software (HDMV and BDJ) from Canvass (japanese company).
I'm not sure it will cheap (it's hard to be at less than 300$) but the price will be very interesting.
It's from Ulead/Corel SDK. I think it will be announced before NAB.

About video codec, you can forget VC1 (Canvass software support it)...
Why =>
- H264 codec is compatible with lot of platform (can mux on mkv, play by Flash player,...)
- H264 codec is more efficient than VC1 :) (MS can not prouve than VC1 is better)
- Much last HD camcorder use H264 codec (except HDV format).
- H264 is (will be on other part of world) available in broadcasting TV system ( DVB; ATSC approuved it ... :p :rolleyes: Ben)do you have a link to any info about it?

Lyris
13th March 2009, 06:51
framura: Although it's not available yet, if you have access to a Mac, you might want to check out what Rivergate Software are doing.
They're the creators of the fantastic DVD AfterEdit and are working on a Blu-ray HDMV authoring product.

framura
14th March 2009, 18:28
framura: Although it's not available yet, if you have access to a Mac, you might want to check out what Rivergate Software are doing.
They're the creators of the fantastic DVD AfterEdit and are working on a Blu-ray HDMV authoring product.

Thanks for info, I will check:thanks:

Golgot13
18th March 2009, 17:38
A little link:

http://www.canvass-net.com/solution/products/siriusblu/index.html

Or translate in english by google translator (because it's in japanese):
http://translate.google.fr/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canvass-net.com%2Fsolution%2Fproducts%2Fsiriusblu%2Findex.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8

Poka

Lyris
18th March 2009, 18:17
for that price you'll be very lucky to get one with half the features!

I use Adobe Encore CS4 which has the majority (and it does pop-up menu's which are Java so in a way that's included too)

Does Encore implement the PopUp menus with BD-J? It's entirely possible to do them in HDMV.

kyoshiro378
13th April 2009, 08:38
anyone know, where i can donwload dostudio? please help me....

dvdboy
16th April 2009, 12:05
anyone know, where i can donwload dostudio? please help me....

http://dostudio.netblender.com/trymx.asp

enigma69
24th July 2009, 22:22
When I don't need a menu, which is usually for me I use tsMuxer
supports all except menus

TMPGEnc supports all of them except it doesn't encode to H264 or VC-1 only mpeg-2 which kind of sucks
http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw4.html

Adobe encore supports H264 encoding, but no 5.1 LPCM audio streams

everything seems to fulfill some requirements but not others
I've noticed the same problem

1) Importing VC-1, H264, MPEG2 video streams without reencoding
2) Importing AC3, DTS, PCM audio streams without reencoding
3) Importing subtitle streams (in various formats)
4) Creating menu (simple) for BD with multiple streams
5) BD-25 and BD-50 compatibility (and BD-RE 25 and BD-RE 50)
6) With and without AACS and Java
7) Under $200/$300

deank
26th July 2009, 22:52
Not to PR my stuff, but multiAVCHD does it (with the great help of many other free tools) for free.

Supported input FILE formats:

For video titles:

* MKV - matroska containter
* TS, M2TS, MTS - transport stream files
* AVI (DivX/XviD/AVC) - reencoding/uncropping required for DivX/XviD
* 264 - H.264 (AVC) elementary stream (video only)
* MPEG (MPG, MPEG) - MPEG-2 video files
* IFO - DVD playlists
* VOB - DVD video segment files
* MOD - Camcoder MPEG-2 recordings
* M2V - MPEG-2 elementary stream (video only)
* MOV - AVC/HDV3 encoded + AC3/PCM/AAC audio (rename MOV to MP4 if processing fails!)
* MP4 - Apple / Quicktime (may work only for AVC encoded video - no Sorenson and other weird codecs)
* MPLS/MPL - Blu-ray playlist files / AVCHD playlists / multiAVCHD playlists
* TRP - DVR recordings

+ SRT, SSA/ASS, PGC, VOBSUB subtitle tracks
+ AC3 (TrueHD, EAC3), DTS, DTS-HD (MA/HRA), PCM, LPCM, WAV, MP2, MP3, OGG, VORBIS, FLAC and AAC audio tracks

For audio titles: (available only when "Add audio titles" button is used)

* AC3, DTS, DTSHD, WAV, PCM, LPCM, MP2, MP3, FLAC and MLP audio files and CUE, M3U, WPL playlists (cue-sheet/playlist import works only with drag-drop of a CUE/M3U/WPL file)

Supported input FOLDER formats:

* BDMV - Blu-ray disc folder
* BDMV / AVCHD - AVCHD folder structure
* VIDEO_TS - DVD disc folder
* MPEG2 folder - folder containing ONLY MPG files (for join mode)
* MTS/M2TS folder - folder containing ONLY m2ts or mts files (for join mode)

framura
29th July 2009, 12:46
You are right deank, your multiAVCHD it's a great program.

I use it to create blu-ray disc (BDMV) from some my HD files (from camcorder or from HDTV recordings) with menu to choose file and I would like to know if it's possible to have also audio and/or subtitle menu (to choose audio track and/or subtitle track).

TIA

deank
29th July 2009, 13:53
Currently I'm working on creating such submenus & one-title menus like suggested by drelin here (http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=207) and here (http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18&p=1436#p1436).

These 2 are XMB menus, generated by multiAVCHD, but without working sub/audio selection:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2138/samplei.jpg

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/xmb-SM.jpg

Both designs are by drelin and fully working.

Dean

framura
29th July 2009, 19:28
Thanks deank, I will wait your new release.:thanks:

framura
4th August 2009, 11:25
I tried to mux video (1 track, H264)/audio (2 track, DTS and AC3)/subtitle track (2 track, both srt) to create with tsmuxer (last version) a Blu-Ray but for unknown reasons I don't be able to use second subtitle track in final blu-ray (I tried with TMT and PowerDVD software player with same results).

Video and audio (both) and first subtitle works great but when I choose (from software player) second subtitle track nothing happens.

Can I use MultiAVCHD to mux above tracks (with possibility to delay audio/subtitle track) in a blu-ray?

:thanks:

deank
4th August 2009, 11:57
Yes, you can add as many as 32 audio and subtitle tracks in Title Properties in multiAVCHD.

framura
4th August 2009, 16:45
Thanks deank,

but I can't to add a delay with "audio files" or "subtitle files" (it's possible to do it only with internal audio or internal subtitles), it's right?

deank
4th August 2009, 16:56
You're right. No one asked about 'delay' for the external audio and I never added it. Delay for subtitles is not available anyway.

I can add audio delay in the "Audio files" tab but it will take time :)

Did you try with the second subtitle track just to see if it will show in your software player?

deank
20th August 2009, 19:32
I can't add a delay with "audio files" or "subtitle files" (it's possible to do it only with internal audio or internal subtitles), it's right?

Build 689 now has the option to change the properties of the external audio files. Give it a try.

I forgot about the external subtitles but I'll add this later these days.

framura
21st August 2009, 11:00
Thanks deank,

I will try in the weekend.

DenisRodman
12th August 2016, 09:31
Hi guys.

Anybody working in the Blu-print? If somebody works then tell me what version. I have a few questions on the study.