Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 8th April 2004, 13:24   #1  |  Link
djidjo

DVD2SVCD cuts out the first 2 seconds of video

Hello,

It's the first time I have this problem. I'm converting an AVI (Interlaced DV) to SVCD which lasts 7min15sec BUT the first 3 seconds of video is pure black with only sound (and I want these 3 seconds ! ). I use the autofitcd plugin and CCE 2.50 as the encoder.
The converted audio lasts 7:15 -> OK
The converted video lasts 7:13 -> 2 seconds of black cut out ???
The muxed final video lasts 7:12 and starts only when the "real video" starts (audio and video synch is ok).

- I checked the AVISynth script (the one generated by FitCD and the one generated for CCE)-> no "trim" instruction in the scripts.
- I played a bit with the "TimeCode" from CCE (I never really understood what it is...) -> no change
- I also changed the "CD Overlap seconds" and "Movie offset seconds" from BBMPeg (I never really understood these parameters as well...) -> no change

I'm out of ideas... Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot !
Djidjo
djidjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2004, 19:43   #2  |  Link
Nick
One click is all it takes

AFAIK, if you set bbMPEG movie offset to zero and leave the other settings as default, that should work.

Indeed, if you play your encoded audio file and all the audio is there I would go so far as to say it WILL work.

Would you mind just double checking by doing an encode with those settings? I know it says >0 is recommended, or A/V synch issues may occur on a standalone player but any value >0 will trim a bit off the start. If you find you have A/V sync issues, multiplex manually in (eg in TMPGEnc), save with the same filename as the bbMPEG muxed file and crash-recover from SVCD Authoring.

Alternatively, if you can wait a few weeks, the next release does not use bbMPEG and has no Movie Offset option to worry about.

Hope this helps
Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2004, 08:59   #3  |  Link
djidjo

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick
AFAIK, if you set bbMPEG movie offset to zero and leave the other settings as default, that should work.
Indeed, if you play your encoded audio file and all the audio is there I would go so far as to say it WILL work.
Unfortunately not. Since the video is already a bit trimmed from CCE encoding, it doesn't work. I tried to mux "by hand" with bbmpeg by setting the film delay 2 seconds later than the audio, didn't work either (audio is 2 seconds sooner than movie, but with a/v synch problem, and total length is 7:12 and not 7:15).

Quote:
If you find you have A/V sync issues, multiplex manually in (eg in TMPGEnc), save with the same filename as the bbMPEG muxed file and crash-recover from SVCD Authoring.
Multiplexing with TMPGEnc also gives A/V synch problems.

I tried to encode with ProCoder instead of CCE, the video is NOT trimmed (yeah !) BUT it seems that ProCoder adds itself black borders to the video so I had "double borders" (those from autofitcd plugin and those from Procoder), and I also encoded it in "Top Field First" JUST LIKE CCE and I got wrong field order on my TV ???????
Well, nevermind, I give up. I'm too lazy to start all over again with ProCoder.

Thanks for your help anyway !
Djidjo
djidjo is offline   Reply With Quote