Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > New and alternative video codecs

Old 10th September 2005, 10:38   #1  |  Link
midiboy

ffdshow: Intel:ICL9, AMD:MSVC71 ?

Hi everyone !

I read on http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/freeware/mpc/ that the MSVC71 build is supposed to be more stable especially on AMD systems.

Well, I have used the ICL9 builds all the time on my Intel P4 system and never had a problem but today I checked the MSVC71 build because I read itīs more stable but strangely enough, it crashed on 2 of my videofiles that play fine with the ICL9 build.

So is it in fact the other way round on Intel systems ? ICL9 more stable than MSVC71 ? At least on my system it definitely is !

edit: Is this different for AthlonXP vs Athlon64 or the same for all AMD systems? I am asking because I use unattanded installations and would like to install the right ffdshow version on different systems so would a basic AMD/Intel check do ?

Bye,
Alex

Last edited by midiboy; 10th September 2005 at 10:57.
midiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2005, 18:13   #2  |  Link
clsid

ICL9 = Intel Compiler

So that build should work better on Intel systems than on AMD systems.

I am using ICL9 on my old AMD thunderbird because it much more effective in decoding H.264.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2005, 06:39   #3  |  Link
saratoga

Quote:
edit: Is this different for AthlonXP vs Athlon64 or the same for all AMD systems? I am asking because I use unattanded installations and would like to install the right ffdshow version on different systems so would a basic AMD/Intel check do ?
XPs have SSE1. 64s based on Winchester or older have SSE1/2. As of Venice, the newer A64s support all SSE flavors.
saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote