Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 4th May 2005, 22:44   #1  |  Link
foxmid

Random Subtitle errors

I've been having trouble until recently even getting Scenaid to use the subtitles that are demuxed by DIF4U. I saw a thread that vsrip may be the wrong version, so I copied the one from Scenaid folder to DIF4U. Even though they are the same size and date, for some reason, now I get subtitles to work.

My problem is this - I'm getting goofy colors on these sometimes. I have tried batchupdateifo with the copy color checked and unchecked. In the latest scenario that I am baffled with, I even went as far as to use IfoEdit to copy the subtitle colors from the original IFO to the completed one, I've manually verified the colors are correct, yet PowerDVD is showing them as all black!

What are the correct settings for the Scenaid and BatchIFOUpdate utilities? I was having trouble with a Scenarist error, so I checked the "Use Scenarist palette" option in Scenaid - is this why I'm having trouble now?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. One day, I won't be such a noob.
foxmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 23:24   #2  |  Link
Angelus

I think this was talked about in the ScenAid sticky thread here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...+Color+Palette

I was having trouble too and the solution is a little bit down on the first page.
Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 20:30   #3  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

yeah this bug is fixed in the latest beta build that is in testing...

I need to get off my lazy butt and finish the changes and get it out to everyone...
D3s7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2005, 00:41   #4  |  Link
jel

slacker
jel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2005, 01:10   #5  |  Link
foxmid

I wouldn't really even worry about it, you guys are perfectionists. I mean, when I first found this site and began this process, I would have problems with most of the more complex projects.

Now, it seems like you run into a weird error you've never seen before much less often, and 95% of the time, the answer is in the forum somewhere.

I mean, who would have thought an automated process for full vob-id and button over video support would exist?

My real question was obscured by my post - Is there some other place that subtitle text colors can be set, other than the PGCITI area in the IFO?

I have matched the original in every way, even triplechecked them, and my subs are all black. The original are yellow.

I've modified the IFO before when I was having trouble, and it always worked. Not sure if there's some other place I need to be looking.

Thanks..
Old 7th May 2005, 01:40   #6  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

the actual colors used (4 types) are stored in the actual VOB not the IFO.... - the color VALUE is stored in the ifo (palette info you've been looking at)

that's where they would be - if yours are black (which i'm not sure still how/why) but, my guess is whatever "color" in the ifo is black, that's what your VOB is pointing to...
Old 7th May 2005, 03:49   #7  |  Link
foxmid

Thanks - that gives me a starting point at least.
Old 7th May 2005, 16:14   #8  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

if you have everything, you could try selecting (use scenarist palette (yellow) or (white))

that would at least set it correctly then you can mux it