Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 22nd November 2004, 23:20   #1  |  Link
Allan_SA

TMPGenc Audio

I was using TMPGenc fine previously, before having to reformat my PC. Now, as well as running slower, I am not getting audio in ecoded AVI files (encoded to MPEG). But when I play the original AVI in media player, there IS sound! Why does TMPGenc not encode it? Is it a codec problem?
Old 26th November 2004, 15:11   #2  |  Link
illCP

First I would try to increase the priority of the "DirectShow Multimedia File Reader" in "Option"-"Enviromental Setting"-"VFAPI plug-in".

If that doesn't work try using GSpot to find out something about the audio compression used in your AVI-File.

If it's AC3 or MP3 with VBR, TMPGEnc won't be able to decode it. In this case you should demux the audio stream (e.g. with VirtualDub) and transcode it in MP2 with BeSweet or an other audio tool.

/EDIT:

I'm just talking about TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus, but I think all this should be similar in newer versions.
illCP is offline   Reply With Quote