Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 11th November 2004, 07:47   #1  |  Link
geffroman

World in 80 Days freezes on Sony

This one is odd... Movie freezes at second cell in a single chapter... There is NO Layer Break here...

I've seen similar issues in the past. I currently employ a combination of Sony SA, DVD-ReMake 262 used with DVD-RB 67. But all previous solutions to the second cell freeze I have used successfully in the past seem not to work here.

What makes this one very unusual is that there are two versions of the movie that appear to be identical accept for an opening scene... They have used seperate PGCs NOT Angles for the 2 versions. The First Version of the movie plays properly while the version with the different opening scene has a freeze on chapter 5.

After checking with PGCEdit I determined that the cell in question had SCR discontinuity checked on the working version of the movie... and the version that freezes did NOT... I tried that change... However, it did not fix the problem this time...

The freeze occurs on VTS-9\PGC-2\Chapter-5\Cell6 (2nd cell in this chapter)\VobID-2

Thanks!

Last edited by geffroman; 11th November 2004 at 12:42.
geffroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 07:57   #2  |  Link
jeanl

geffroman
not that I have any idea of what's going on here but you didn't mention how you obtained the version that freezes?
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 12:37   #3  |  Link
geffroman

Problem was resolved using DVD ReMake Pro

This movie had two versions on the disc... One version included a longer opening first chapter that included an animation not shown in the Theatrical Version (also on the disc)

Data was organized in such a way that the first 9 CELLs of each version were contained in their own data... but the rest of the movie used shared data being called from both PGC 1 and PGC 2...

Knowing that one version of the movie had a problem I could not resolve in CELL 6 I used DVDReMakePro to SUBSTITUTE the working data I needed from the other version of the movie... This actually reduced the total disc size by 500MB as CELLS 2 through 9 no longer needed two versions... Remember the only difference in the first 9 CELLS was the first CELL-1/Chapter-1...

I could NOT just substitute CELL 6 as the CELL and chapter cuts where not exactly the same until CELL-10/Chapter-8

In Summary:

I Used DVDRMPro to Substitute Cells 2 through 9 from PGC-2 into PGC-1 of VTS-9 (movie).

I have used this feature in the past to save space but never for something like this. Normally I use Substitute on episodal DVDs where they have a common Intro or Credits. You can substitute out all but one of the Intros/Credits and save a ton of space which is always an issue on Multi episode discs...

Last edited by geffroman; 12th November 2004 at 00:27.
Old 11th November 2004, 17:47   #4  |  Link
jeanl

Did you find out why there was a problem in Cell 6?
Jeanl
jeanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2004, 00:24   #5  |  Link
geffroman

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanl
Did you find out why there was a problem in Cell 6?
Jeanl
No... I was just lucky enough to have another version on this disc to use as loaner data...